Help! Im about to break

Options
Can anyone please help me?!
Im about to break my diet.
Ive been holding the same weight for about 4 months (Losing and gaining muscle back and forth) So I started eating clean to try and lose my final 15 lbs. Its going great! Except lately, the temptation to break this diet has been getting so bad. Its probably due to stress with finals and everything and stage managing a show at tech week. But today while shopping, it was so hard not to buy processed food or sweets! It took every ounce of restraint. Now Im at rehearsal where everyone is eating sweets and prepackaged foods and drinking caffeine (I gave up pop 6 years ago, but recently tea as well, which I was sooo addicted to)

So what do you guys do to fight off this breaking? I'm only keeping healthy food in my apt, but this is getting so hard! Diets are the hardest things for me cause I work out everyday and am borderline addicted to the gym, but this is a diet thats working and I dont want to break it

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    One sweet is not going to hurt you-it's better to just let yourself buy that snack from the vending machine now rather than not get it and end up bingeing later.
  • paintedr3d
    Options
    To hell with it give in, I do. I just do most of my bad eating one day a week. It seriously keeps me from binging and being all depressed. Because I haven't given up foods I love, I just keep it moderation. Diets never work, eat what you want just busy your butt afterwards.
  • Lydsie89
    Lydsie89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im with you! Its so hard to try not to buy the bad food, especially when your parents (Im living with my parents until my boyfriend moves back here!) keep buying junk food!!!
    Today I caved, and let myself have half a can of coke. But with my workout I gained those calories back!
    I say if your craving something like that, sweet even you can let yourself have one cookie- it wont hurt!
    Or, grab some pineapple, pears, or apples!
    I find grapes a good sub also.
    Thats been my issue this week also- and its finals week for me too! Make sure you reward yourself a little bit after, it will feel good!
    Remember- You can treat yourself, its only fair! :D
    Good luck on your finals, and I wish you the best on your journey!
  • singmyheartout4you
    Options
    Im with you! Its so hard to try not to buy the bad food, especially when your parents (Im living with my parents until my boyfriend moves back here!) keep buying junk food!!!
    Today I caved, and let myself have half a can of coke. But with my workout I gained those calories back!
    I say if your craving something like that, sweet even you can let yourself have one cookie- it wont hurt!
    Or, grab some pineapple, pears, or apples!
    I find grapes a good sub also.
    Thats been my issue this week also- and its finals week for me too! Make sure you reward yourself a little bit after, it will feel good!
    Remember- You can treat yourself, its only fair! :D
    Good luck on your finals, and I wish you the best on your journey!
    Thanks so much :D Yeah, I have the same problem when I go back to my parents. Best of luck with yours too!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Being so strict is more than likely going to eventually lead to you going on a binge.
    That makes it counterproductive. There is a balance you can have where you eat your 'clean' diet 90% of the time, and allow the other 10% to be the less than healthy things you enjoy. I have one day a week where I allow those foods that are more processed, like some milk chocolate, or a slice of cheesecake or doughnut or whatever. That keeps things sane for me. Do you think you can spend the rest of your life never having anything processed or 'naughty' again? If not, then no point living that way now.
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! Its so hard living with your parents. Just keep going. Remember that you only want it now, and later on you'll regret it so much.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Just keep going!!! You might have a binge every now and then but... get right back on track. I have been maintaining for 8 months and find that I binge every now and then but... get right back on track so I don't gain it back. I think that "normal" eaters do this automatically. They seem to eat all the time but I think they do this at an event or with people (that is why you see them) and then they just don't eat a lot for a while. This is normal to them but seems like hell to us. Maybe that is what life is and will be forever to keep a weight you want.