365 days to a whole new me.... (w/ pictures)

Options

Replies

• G3NDERBeNd3r
    Options
    I know this will probably be long (hope you like to read) You are absolutely a phenomenal example for all those women out there looking to lose the weight. Not just women, men too! I ran 2.556 miles today. (First day back since last year) :bigsmile: I love to hear these poignant stories to inspire people like me. My biggest motivator is my mom being real with me. (About how far I come) I was a power-walker all last year to benefit my training this year. I lost 46 lbs. I plan to lose another 90. (I was 296 lbs) You are now a gorgeous person. (Platonic) I have Asperger's (can't you tell?) I keep to the academic study of mental math in my head so I can get the best of both worlds while I am out. I also listen to music because it helps me focus. I am mainly a metal-head. But I listen to everything. I planned to be different. (I succeeded) I like that you never gave up no matter what. And I have the same resilience and perseverance. Thats why I read on sites like this. I never speak on-line in text. (like g2g or brb) I know what texting acronyms mean, I just don't however, use them. You got blessed by getting what you wanted by taking the test before the lesson. And make sure you keep it up! :smile:
  • ashleyvictorshepard
    ashleyvictorshepard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You did an amazing job!
    :smile:
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work is so inspiring and not only do you look great, you sound like you FEEL great! Way to go!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That is really great and truly inspiring! I seriously got watery-eyed. You look amazing.
  • kisses4dylan
    kisses4dylan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Congratulations on ur success! I pray to have a similar story to share one day!
  • sammiz1
    sammiz1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!! Thank you for sharing your story. You truly are inspiring!! And your pictures are amazing.

I can totally relate to the first picture you said you cried over. When my niece completed her PhD, my sister held a graduation party for her. When I saw the pictures with me in them I was horrified!! I knew I had gained weight, but I looked like a stranger. Those pictures kicked off my will to remake myself.

Like you I started out by logging my foods. That was enough of an eye opener! I knew it was time to change!!

Good luck on the last few pounds!!!
  • krommama
    krommama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! You have worked hard! And you look great!
  • Chell45040
    Options
    Wow I am starting dieting with my 20 year old daughter which seeing her energy level and mine I thought I couldn't do it but being the same age as you seeing how good you have done it brightens my spirits up and feel there is hope. Thank you for sharing how good you have done and congratulations on your hard work and sexy body. Also you do not look your age at all you look amazing and young.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wow I am starting dieting with my 20 year old daughter which seeing her energy level and mine I thought I couldn't do it but being the same age as you seeing how good you have done it brightens my spirits up and feel there is hope. Thank you for sharing how good you have done and congratulations on your hard work and sexy body. Also you do not look your age at all you look amazing and young.

You CAN do it. Up until this year, I had never run more than a block. EVER. In 41 years. I hadn't really done anything that would qualify as a "workout" in at least 15. Now - I can run circles around my 20 year old me. Stick with it, and you will too.
  • MoRaeNew
    MoRaeNew Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • losing5555
    Options
    oh wow! aww! i'm so inspired! <3
  • Kathylouhoo
    Options
    You're amazing!! Such an inspiration I'm in week 4 of Couch to 5 K. Some days I can't breathe and others I feel like I'm getting stronger. I'll think of your success while running. Thank you for sharing and congrats !!
  • nyaladreamer
    nyaladreamer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look smashing! I'm 5'10" and my goal is 160-165 so very inspiring to see what you look like. Thanks for your post!
  • janetzorsky
    Options
    You look absolutely great - thanks for sharing.
  • FussBucket
    Options
    Awesome! You are such an inspiration to me! I am 5'9' and in my mid 30's. I was 190 lbs forever and just considered myself curvey. I dropped 20 lbs 4 years ago, but work and stress got in the way and I crept back up...and UP. I started this journey 3 weeks ago at 220lbs and my goal is 163 lbs!

I used to swim in high school and college and I have flirted with running on and off. Running has always helped me get my weight down. It also helps me dance (I love salsa, Bachata, and Cha cha cha!). Thank you for your story and pictures. You made me smile and reminded me what I need to do next!.
  • huntersmom13
    huntersmom13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you on your wonderful achievement!! Your story was one that I really needed to hear today. I completed W5D3 of C25K last week and cried on the treadmill in the middle of the gym when I actually completed it....21 minutes without stopping. I didn't think it was possible for me. Then after a weekend of poor eating choices I returned to the gym and could barely complete W6D1 without dying. It is so frustrating how some days I feel so strong and empowered and others so sluggish. But I know that I have done it and can do it again.....I will run a 5K one day. Keep up all your hard work and I know you will reach your goal:)
  • imanhammad
    imanhammad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing way to go :D
  • mrsmary0
    mrsmary0 Posts: 25
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    So inspiring! Congratulations!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    WOnderful story. My favorite kind a FULL YEAR, which is my plan. The injury part really rang true for me too and so did the pictures hurting! I am so proud of you and hope you get to your goals even if they change. KNOW though that you are ALREADY a success story. Totally!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!