BodyMedia Armband quesitons

Options
13»

Replies

• AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just got mine yesterday - still wrestling with getting it to sync with my computer. I suspect it's a firewall issue and that's for hubby to figure out :) But this comment is really just to bump this topic for later!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have had my Body Media Fit Link for about 5 months now. I love it. I have it synced with MFP so I don't have to enter my food and exercise in two places. I love the mobile app. When I start a workout I can set it to check my calorie burn or even just the minutes if I only have a certain time to devote to a nice walk, It is great. Needless to say my HRM is in my gym bag and has stayed there since I bought this.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've had my BMF for about 8 months. I love it, especially now that I can sync it with MFP. I wore it every day and I was losing weight consistently. I took it off and stopped tracking here, and I gained it back. Lesson learned! I wear mine at least 23 hours a day, sometimes more. I've not had any problem with a "dent' in my arm. You can look at the graphs and see exactly when you are burning calories and watch the spikes go higher with higher intensity work outs. I also like being able to track my sleep patterns, that is just cool. I got the Link armband and I can use it with my smart phone to track my progress during the day. It helps motivate me to take a few more steps or get in a little extra activity if I'm not burning enough calories. I do wish the smart phone app would update to the Activity Manager, but I hear that is in the works. As it is, you still need to plug the monitor into the pc to upload and sync. It only takes a few seconds, though, so it's not a big deal. There is a food database in BMF, but MFP is so much better, so using the two together makes life easy and lets you see exactly what you are doing, or not doing, to move you closer to your goals.
    I highly recommend the BMF Link armband.
  • DKrisAn
    DKrisAn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have had the bodymedia core armband for almost two months. Since, I started using this I have lost 9lbs. I shoot for a calorie deficit of 750 calories. For a while I tried to get to a calorie burn of 2,700 but since I am a shortie with hypothyroidism it is very difficult getting to that number and a 1,000 calorie deficit. I adjusted my calories burned to 2,435 and calories consumed to 1685 so I can feel a sense of accomplishment.

This has been a huge help in motivating me to keep moving and getting the correct calorie burn.
  • lisaroelfs
    lisaroelfs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have the BMF Link armband and have been using it for 4 months now. I got my fiance one for Christmas and he wears it too. I find it to be very accurate with calorie burn for me. I have also worn it tucked into my bra band on my left side with the sensors facing my skin for times that I didn't want it to be visible and it still worked. I don't think that I would be comfortable counting on this placement for exercise, but when I want to go out and wear my armband without having to "wear the armband" it works nicely.
  • karaelyn
    karaelyn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had the bodymedia Link now for 2 days, and I'm concerned about the differences between the burn mfp and bodymedia has for me generally being sedentary. (I know, it's only been two days).

mfp has me burning about 1750/day, and eating 1500/day to lose .5 lb/ week.

yesterday BodyMedia had me at 2200 cal/day, and I'm on track for the same today. I didn't do a workout, I just did things like grocery shopping. And I'm short and squat (5' 3"), so I'm having a hard time believing a burn that much. If I've been eating 1500 cal/day and have been "really" burning 2200 calories, why wouldn't I be losing a ton of weight?!

Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks so much!
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, the band is using algorithms to determine your calorie burn, along with the info it is getting from your body. As you wear it longer, it will learn more about how you are actually functioning and will be even more accurate in your daily calorie burn. The first week or so are not the most accurate, at least that is what I've seen and heard from others. It will be interesting to watch and see if your numbers change even if your activity level doesn't.
  • Sindis
    Sindis Posts: 3
    Options
    I weigh 290. I have had my BM since end of Feb. 2013. I try to wear it half way up my tricep. If I take it too high I feel as if its in my armpit, I make sure mine isnt too tight or too loose. If its too loose and I stretch my arm the strap falls off. However I still have this indent in my arm. I had to stop wearing it for a few weeks during the time BM sent me a new strap. The previous strap had seperated from the colored plastic frame. I have been trying to find out how to get rid of this indent in my arm... I even thought of going as far as wraping my arm in plastic wrap maybe it would come out or the rest of my arm would match it... Id love any info I could get to help.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I've had the bodymedia Link now for 2 days, and I'm concerned about the differences between the burn mfp and bodymedia has for me generally being sedentary. (I know, it's only been two days).

mfp has me burning about 1750/day, and eating 1500/day to lose .5 lb/ week.

yesterday BodyMedia had me at 2200 cal/day, and I'm on track for the same today. I didn't do a workout, I just did things like grocery shopping. And I'm short and squat (5' 3"), so I'm having a hard time believing a burn that much. If I've been eating 1500 cal/day and have been "really" burning 2200 calories, why wouldn't I be losing a ton of weight?!

Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks so much!
    I'm 5'0" (yes, 5'0"), and 126 lbs, and my BM consistently says I burn 2100 calories on days I don't exercise - just usual stuff like you described - and I go by this number and have been good. So believe it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I weigh 290. I have had my BM since end of Feb. 2013. I try to wear it half way up my tricep. If I take it too high I feel as if its in my armpit, I make sure mine isnt too tight or too loose. If its too loose and I stretch my arm the strap falls off. However I still have this indent in my arm. I had to stop wearing it for a few weeks during the time BM sent me a new strap. The previous strap had seperated from the colored plastic frame. I have been trying to find out how to get rid of this indent in my arm... I even thought of going as far as wraping my arm in plastic wrap maybe it would come out or the rest of my arm would match it... Id love any info I could get to help.
    It's been there how long? Weeks long?

I have no idea why it would still be there. Hopefully someone has an answer as to how to get rid of it... o.O
  • thethreestrings
    Options
    bump
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump for later