Cream cheese recipes(help me)

Options
JosieRawr
JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
ok if anyone has easy recipes with common ingredients that include cream cheese, please post them, I had bought two blocks of it for this dessert dish and my guy never cooked it so now it needs to be used! The simpler the better. Thanks :)

oh and preferably no baking required... stove top, microwave, or no cooking would be great. It's hot n I'm not starting the oven.
also preferably not super sweet desserts. Thanks again!

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    go get some bagels
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Today I mixed it with tuna and relish and had a sandwich.
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can add it to cauliflower mash (pureed cauliflower w/dash of milk & butter.) Add it to any kind of mashed potato including sweet potatoes. It's good in soups just google "cream cheese soup recipe" and lots of different soups will show up. I recommend broccoli soup, or salsa corn chowder with cream cheese. I like it best on a bagel, or on celery sticks.
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Buy a bunch of mushrooms and some Italian sausage. Remove the stems and chop them up. Mix the stem, sausage and cream cheese together and then fill the mushrooms. Microwave in a glass dish until sausage is cooked. 6-10 minutes depending on the microwave. Let cool, devour.
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    Whip cream cheese and light/regular cool whip until fluffy, and use as dip for cut up fruit like strawberries, apples, mangoes, etc.
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My new favorite and totaly unhealthy tortilla chip dip. Friend of mine made this for Super Bowl and I fell in love.

1 pound sausage
    1 regular can rotel
    2 blocks of cream cheese

Brown sausage like you would hamburger. Drain grease.
    Microwave rotel and cream cheese until smooth.
    Mix sausage into cream cheese mix.
    Enjoy with tortilla chips.

Definitly not low cal, but it would be ok at a party where you wouldn't be eating much in one setting.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    yum!

I'm having chicken(6oz) spinach(2cups by weight) n 2tbs cream cheese for "breakfast"(5pm almost)
    Thank y'all for the ideas n keep em coming, I want to try to have it at each meal till it's gone lol.
    I'm not a big grain eater(the more I eat the more I crave) but there have been some yummy ideas that I look forward to trying!
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    ....I hate to admit it, but my favorite sandwich in the world is peanut butter and cream cheese. Hehe.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    ....I hate to admit it, but my favorite sandwich in the world is peanut butter and cream cheese. Hehe.

mine's pb n banana lol, I'll have to give this a try. thanks :D
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    My new favorite and totaly unhealthy tortilla chip dip. Friend of mine made this for Super Bowl and I fell in love.

1 pound sausage
    1 regular can rotel
    2 blocks of cream cheese

Brown sausage like you would hamburger. Drain grease.
    Microwave rotel and cream cheese until smooth.
    Mix sausage into cream cheese mix.
    Enjoy with tortilla chips.

Definitly not low cal, but it would be ok at a party where you wouldn't be eating much in one setting.

oo yum! love rotel too, add some extra seasoning and could be done with meat other than sausage too I bet. Thanks!
  • karivarner
    Options
    I use it in my eggs, with avacados, and mix with salsa.
  • FrancklySara
    Options
    Creamy Chicken:
    1 (80z) block of cream cheese (softened)
    2 cans of tomato paste
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    other Italian seasonings

- Put it all in a pan and heat on meadium high, stirring often, until smooth
    - Add 2 large cans of chicken breast and cook until hot

It's pretty heavy on calories, so I have a small serving on a BIG helping of vegetables. You could also serve it on pasta.

One of my favorite snacks:
    1oz cream cheese in the hollow part of several celery sticks

-Sprinkle with seasoned salt
    -Press sunflower seeds into cream cheese

Around 150 calories, and the fat in the cream cheese keeps me from getting hungry for a good 3 hours.
  • judtod
    judtod Posts: 85
    Options
    I throw it in a food processor and add flavorings to make a spread. For instance, lox or chipolte peppers. Then I spread it on reduced fat Triscuits. It tastes great and with low fat cream cheese it isn't too caloric.