Hello...again :)

Options
Hey there, ladies and gents, I'm Kim. Been on-and-off the weight loss wagon and myfitnesspal for awhile now, but at the beginning of this year things changed. Nothing "happened" per se, but it's as if something was screaming inside of my head telling me "IT'S NOW OR NEVER!" I felt compelled to take a look at everything in my life and try to get on a better path. And so it began...again.

The difference is, this time I meant it. And I still do. The going is slow, but I'm doing it "right" this time. Counting my calories, exercising (I'm actually going to the gym regularly!), and changing the way I think about food. I feel as though I've finally committed to a new way of living, and I love it. I'm absolutely not perfect and will succumb to pizza and other funky stuff now and then, but it's all part of the process. I'm almost to the point of going meatless (I don't think I would ever call myself vegetarian or vegan) just to see if it further changes my body and makes it work more efficiently. My husband has already made the switch, and I'm still trying to figure out how to change the way I cook. ;)

Some basics: I'm 44 years young, happily married, and have no children. I'm a mental health counselor/therapist by trade, but have three or four side businesses. I like to stay busy. I'm a Louisiana native and no matter how many times I move, I always end up back here. It's home. It's also a land of culinary delights and I come from a long line of great Southern cooks. Yet another challenge to the weight loss journey.

As of today I'd like to lose 75-85 more pounds. I try to stay on top of my diary, and I'm going to attempt to blog here and there. I'm looking for friends who are very supportive, who have similar goals or challenges, and who are motivated. Feel free to add me if you fit that bill. My diary is open and would hope that any new friends have open diaries as well. It helps me to see how other people are eating--it often reminds me that I could do better.

Also--meatless recipes would be helpful. :wink:

Kim

Replies

• pleasehealthme
    Options
    We're in the same boat! Let's go :D
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am your age, vegetarian for 26 years, started needing to lose 100 and have lost almost 30 so far. I am weight training and walking and also feel like doing it right this time! i don't really care if it is slow going- I just know i won't quit until i reach a healthy weight and size. Congrats on coming back to your goals and making this a priority!
  • KimCain
    KimCain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You got it, pleaseskinnyy!

Eden, I don't know why but I'm having a difficult time finding really good meatless recipes. Thankfully, both my husband and I are both open to new things so I'm on a mission!
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    There are so many out there. People ask me what I eat all of the time but it is super easy to eat meatless. Instead of recipes, just try combining things you love. Big salads with fresh avocado, sunflower seeds, boiled egg. Mushroom/Spinach Omelettes. Bean soft tacos with lettuce and avocado. Hummus with cucumber sliced. Oven roasted vegetables. This is mostly what I eat, though I do Boca burger patties for more protein and do whey protein shakes as well.
  • KimCain
    KimCain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it will be fun to experiment with new things--it's just a change in my way of thinking. I found a recipe for spicy black bean burgers that I really liked, going to make a big batch and freeze them so when I get a hankering, they're already done. Also looking into juicing--got a friend who's very much into it and he's feeling really good. Anything to help!