Help!

Options
I have been running like crazy for 3 weeks now but I have not lost any pounds, can anyone give me an idea of what I need to do?....I'm running anywhere from 4-7 miles a day

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie range?
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If you want help, you are going to have to open your diary.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Eat less and do some resistance exercises.
  • Mangoagogoo
    Mangoagogoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Change it up. The body gets use to the same old thing. Try different types of cardio, incorporate some weight training and exercise at different times of day if possible.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    If you're jogging 4 to 7 miles a day and not losing a single pound, you're just eating too much. Try cutting back on some carbs. I use to jog 4 miles a day too but Id eat so many carbs that it wouldn't matter how much I ran.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Running in and of itself won't necessarily help. Exercise and cardiovascular exercise in particular can help burn fat. But, if you're not eating in a deficit - or if you're eating too little - you're body isn't going to be giving up the fat. You can't out-train a bad diet. Please set your intake goals for fat loss (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy) and then run your heart out.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Running in and of itself won't necessarily help. Exercise and cardiovascular exercise in particular can help burn fat. But, if you're not eating in a deficit - or if you're eating too little - you're body isn't going to be giving up the fat. You can't out-train a bad diet. Please set your intake goals for fat loss (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy) and then run your heart out.
    this, I recommend you checkout the link
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Be more specific please.

How much are you consuming
    WHat's "running like crazy"
    Are you eating your exercise calories back
    Have you lost inches/body fat
    Are you doing any other type of exercise

*Edited to say: OP you said in another thread your "pants were falling off of you"
    It seems youre losing inches/body fat so whats the problem? Scale will tell you nothing. Your body will tell you everything.
  • laya65
    laya65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im eating about 1,100 to 1,200 calories a day
  • laya65
    Options
    Im eating about 1,100 to 1,200 calories a day
  • laya65
    Options
    I opened my diary....I probably do need to eat more, thanks for the tips! and maybe change my routine up a little bit...all I do is run, so many some weight lifting will help?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    More food and (heavy) weight lifting in addition to the running will give you a dangerously nice body.
  • laya65
    Options
    I run when I'm on my lunch and when I get off from work...I try not to eat my calories back because then I feel like I didn't really do burn anything off....and I have lost inches-my pants are not so tight anymore...but why won't the pounds go down
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    You're not eating NEARLY enough. Figure out your TDEE and eat 20% less.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Looked at your diary.

1 - Be consistent and track every single day
    2- Eat MORE
    3- Exercise a bit less (or take a week or 2 off)

Your body knows one thing. Survival. It doesnt know you want to lose weight, it doesnt know you want to see a number on the scale, it doesnt know youre exercising.

it needs fuel.
    it needs to know you wont let it starve.
    it needs to know it can let go of calories because you will feed it again shortly

Be consistent with your eating patterns.
  • laya65
    Options
    You're all awesome!.....thank you so much I'll try that....I already feel like I eat a lot but maybe some more color in my diet wouldn't hurt......and I drink on the weekends sometimes so I don't track that.....it's more of embarrassment because I'm trying to lose weight and.I know alcohol wont help, thanks again!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    You're all awesome!.....thank you so much I'll try that....I already feel like I eat a lot but maybe some more color in my diet wouldn't hurt......and I drink on the weekends sometimes so I don't track that.....it's more of embarrassment because I'm trying to lose weight and.I know alcohol wont help, thanks again!

Track the booze. Alcohol is fine in moderation but fooling yourself isn't!