anybody HATE p90X??

Options
so, i bought the set a few weeks ago and have done 4 of the 12/13 dvds that come with it....the first disk i got bored as hell with because of the repetitiveness....Plyo i cant do because of all the jumping movement (i have REALLY bad knees)....AB ripper x is..........................O-KAYYYYY but not all that great....and i just did cardio x today instead of plyo because as i mentioned i HURT after about 10 minutes of doing that....the "yoga" they have at the beginning of cardio x sucks *kitten* because if youve never done yoga before (which, i am a veteran at) you would have NO idea what it is...

I am REALLLY starting to regret buying this set....

Replies

• cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You have 30 days to return it. If you don't like it, why don't you send it back?
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Well P90X is certainly a time commitment, and anything that long for 90 days can become boring. That being said, if you do the workouts for the 90 days, you WILL change your body. That right there is worth the cost to me. I haven't heard many people give a negative review of P90X that have successfully went through the program. That fact is, is that it works.

Not everything is for everybody, so it may just be that you don't like it. I'm sure you could easily sell it on ebay or amazon or something. To me though, it is a good workout, and I'd much prefer to do that it my home than pay a personal trainer way more money to accomplish the same things at a gym.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That's a shame. I just saw Tony Horton on QVC and heard him say that P90X is not for everyone. Maybe you can just send it back and try one of the other programs. I hear Insanity is really good, or the Chalean's program. It is so important to enjoy your workouts. Definitely, gotta find something you love.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's not for everyone. I myself found the plyometrics to be extremely remedial and some of the stuff he calls plyo isn't really plyo. The cardio I found to be very moderate, the ab ripper was ok for me (although I added to it). It's very good for beginner to intermediate, but I wouldn't say its for advanced intermediates and above. Plus I find that there's really no reason to do as many targeted routines as he does. All in all the routines I created for myself were better than what he offered, but for someone with little experience, or experience in other areas, it can be a wonderful routine.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I to found it boring and not enough of a cardio work out for me. I returned it and am now looking at getting Turbo Fire. Also for me Tony was not motivating at all!!!! To me he was way to corny lol.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I thought the 90 minutes Yoga X was muy muy overkill, but most of the other routines are okay. There are a lot of "bicep / tricep" targeted workouts that seem a little goofy and he doesn't do much in the line of squats which is disappointing.

For plyo workouts, I'm not a huge fan of Plyo X, but the Insanity series (also made by Beachbody) is pretty great....but would probably be a bad idea for anyone with bad knees.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I thought the 90 minutes Yoga X was muy muy overkill, but most of the other routines are okay. There are a lot of "bicep / tricep" targeted workouts that seem a little goofy and he doesn't do much in the line of squats which is disappointing.

For plyo workouts, I'm not a huge fan of Plyo X, but the Insanity series (also made by Beachbody) is pretty great....but would probably be a bad idea for anyone with bad knees.

I do some of the workouts sometimes, but I don't love it enough to use it every day. I actually think that the Plyo X and other plyo workouts have helped my knees a lot. In recovery from surgery, my physical therapist and surgeon wanted me to do MORE plyometrics moves instead of avoiding them. This is, of course, after the initial rehab, not right away after surgery.

I also like the Insanity workouts, but I think it is really a lot of pounding on the body to do it every day. Maybe I'm just not "hard core" enough for it, but I like a lot of variety in my workouts.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    Not all workouts are for everybody...I love water aerobics but to some its like they dont feel like its effective so they choose to not do it....I havent heard any negative reviews either, and most people who follow through with it have had excellent results, but maybe its just not for you....i know i see some people do some things and looks good but them when i try it, its like blah....
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone who says if ur not enjoying it then return it. I don't like the Yoga i find it boring but i've still done it and i've become more flexable. It was my first expericene with Yoga. Look for something that fits you.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I would definately return it since you dont like it, it is not for everybody! I personally LOVE It! I had great results my first 90 days. My second round I added some of the insanity cardio to it, because I thought I needed more cardio. It is definately a time commitment, but well worth my time!
    Have you tried Insanity? It is a whole nother level! I have also heard turbo Fire was awesome!
  • scubatahiti
    scubatahiti Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hate it but I love it or I love to hate it. It changed my life in 2007. It does really take you to commit if you cannot commit then you are wasting your time and should return it. There is no shame in that as there are many other exercise programs that you can do and have a lot of fun doing. P90X is one of the hardest programs out there along with Insanity.
  • doodlbug
    doodlbug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did it for about a week and gave up. :) I know that it is a good workout and that it would change my body it I let it, but I felt bored by the music and repetitiveness and Tony just didn't click with me. I'd rather do Turbo Jam or a Jillian Michaels video even thought they may not be as much of a challenge, I enjoy them more and that is what is most important. If I don't like the workout, I'm going to be less apt to do it, and what's the point of that?