Looking for other older people with 100 pounds or more to lo

Options
My daughter introduced me to this site. At this point, I just want to meet others in my sitation and slowly start a process of self-determination. I feel very tired I'm scared when I can't breath. I am tired of this life and want a better one for me and my family.

Replies

• Faye69can
    Faye69can Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello maded13 I know how you feel I am a older person who needs to lose 120 lbs. It seems we have a lot in common.
    I am also tired and scared of beening this way the rest of my life and really want to change. I have some sickness that I need
    to get under control so I can feel better about my self and feel better on my future.

We can do this one day at a time.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I may not be an older person ( only 42 here) but your welcome to add my as a friend we can all you encouragment. I too have over a 100 lbs to loose.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm not certain what you mean by 'older people' but I'm 48 and have a couple of hundred to lose and I fully understand about the tiredness. You're more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't despair, there are plenty of us to chat to as and when you need. Add some friends, me if you want, and we all try to help each other stay focused & motivated.

Personally I only have around 55 lbs to lose but also suffer from arthritis & at the moment breathing troubles.

Hang in there

:smile:
  • esy1024
    esy1024 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Will be 49 this year, and I know exactly how you feel. I want to lose about 120 lbs, maybe more. I'll see when I get to that point if I want to lose more. The older I've gotten, the harder it is to take off. It get discouraging sometimes, and I just want to say eff it. I don't because of health reasons, and for the fact that I don't want to be this way anymore. It's up to me and me only to do it. Only I have that power, and that's what motivates me to do it.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't despair, there are plenty of us to chat to as and when you need. Add some friends, me if you want, and we all try to help each other stay focused & motivated.

Personally I only have around 55 lbs to lose but also suffer from arthritis & at the moment breathing troubles.

Hang in there

:smile:
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    I am 21 years old and need to lose between 90-100 pounds. (so depressing)
    Feel free to add me!
  • botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I guess I am an older person... fully retired and finally figuring I CAN DO THIS. I want to get rid of 30 pounds... I am having some success but it is not as fast as I see others getting. I guess it is easy to be encouraged by others at the same time feeling that something is wrong with what I am doing. I am looking for some friends.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    i need to lose about 125 punds and I am 44. Add me if you would like. Good luck to you. :smile:
  • esy1024
    esy1024 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just found this. Don't know what month i posted it, but I'm 50 yrs old now, and will be 51 come October. I gained that weight I'd lost then, but got back on, and lost it again. This time I won't stop. It was too easy to put it back on again. i won't make that mistake again.
  • 1diggs
    1diggs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 49 with over 100 lbs to lose feel free to add me