Hello from N. Carolina

Options
I'm Jessica and I joined here after a few message board moms told me about this place. I've hit a point in my weight gain that I can't do it anymore. I'm not my usual fun self and feel embarrassed to even go out. My weight has cause my depression to get worse and worse. I'm a short person (5ft barely) so while 171lbs may not be that bad on some, on me, I carry it very poorly. I am obese, and that's a hard thing to come to terms with, but its the truth. Im on break from college for the summer, I graduate with medical assistant degree may 2011. I'd like to be down to 130 by then. My ultimate goal is 115 though, I have not been there since high school, I don't even know if I can reach that, but I will try.

I need support though. I need a kick in the rear if I don't check in and all. I need a good yelling and pestering and just someone to get on me if I start to fall off. Please. I beg of my girls.

Replies

• MikeRay
    MikeRay Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome to the site. If you need anything just ask
  • suprjewels
    suprjewels Posts: 507
    Options
    hi, I'm in NC as well. Where are you at here? This site is awesome with lots of info and tons of support! I hope you find the same and get all you need out of the site.
    Julie
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'1" . Started here at 172 lbs and am currently bouncing between 137 and 138, with an ultimate goal of 130. Feel free to add me if you want. :smile:
  • easternNCchick02
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes

Julie- Im in eastern NC, New Bern
  • easternNCchick02
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'1" . Started here at 172 lbs and am currently bouncing between 137 and 138, with an ultimate goal of 130. Feel free to add me if you want. :smile:

Thats awesome! I hope I can do as well
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you girl! Adding you as a friend and I will stay on ya.

I live in North Carolina also, consider joining our Thursday weigh in group. Wonderful group of ladies and my support system!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/101793-anyone-doing-thursday-weigh-in
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    im from nc too. im short only 5 2 and am a medical assistant! cool welcome to the site its great!!
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Welcome! You are so not alone, and you can so do it! There is so much support and motivation on this site. It sounds like you are a busy mom and need to find some time to focus on you. I wish you the best of luck! Sent you a friend request as well.
  • easternNCchick02
    Options
    Glad to meet you and see there's great support here
  • lynn2010
    lynn2010 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello I am also from Nc the western part
  • suprjewels
    suprjewels Posts: 507
    Options
    I'm at Fort Bragg I don't think that's too far apart is it?

• easternNCchick02
    Options
    I'm at Fort Bragg I don't think that's too far apart is it?

About 2 hours. Give or take
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the Triad of N. Carolina. You'll love the support you receive here. Believe in yourself and know that you can and will reach our goals!