5'6, 27 years old, needing support to lose 140 more lbs

Options
I'm Erika, joined here about a week ago and it's been really helpful :) I live in Mississippi but I'm moving to Australia in about 18 months. I would love to reach my goal weight of 150lbs by then.

SW: 310 lbs.
CW: 290 lbs.
GW: 150 lbs.

Feel free to add me as a friend! =]

Replies

• nannikins
    Options
    You can definitely do this Erika! I started last week and lost 4 lbs so far.
    Nan
  • ecross1220
    ecross1220 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I found my journey on this site quite enlightening I am now accountable for not only my exercise but my journal and I have noticed my bad food habits for sure please add me and we can encourage each each other, I have lost 80 pounds in my twenties within 8 months but now that I'm older it has taken me to 50 lately about a year & a month... I have been on this for over a week
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the encouragement ^^
  • sternitzkys86
    Options
    I've been on here for a few months and it's been helping me so much! I absolutely love it! Feel free to add me!
  • joshuadavisped
    Options
    Progress will seem slow but as long as you stick with it you'll realize in the end that time flew and you won't hardly recognize yourself anymore! Keep at it and you'll reach your goal!! :D
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you girl. Add me. I could use the support as well!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We are about the same age and weight! I'm almost 26 and lost about 50 pounds (25 of that being on MFP). I love it here! Trying to start back on the weight loss wagon can be tough but the friends that you add and suport you get from that makes it easier! Good luck!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'6" with 52 lbs left to lose (started with 65)
  • Nepion
    Nepion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Erika! I'm roughly about the same height and weight and age. XD More than that I'm just up here in Arkansas. Sorry, I always find it fun when I see someone from my region of the world on such a global site like MFP. I know this will be a great tool for you on your journey! Remember, you already did the hardest part. Starting!
  • ChristinaDaley
    ChristinaDaley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 100lbs I will add you and we can support each other:-)
  • marcelain
    Options
    HI Erika, I live in Mississippi, too! The best advice I can give you is to follow this site with discipline and daily. See what other people do and eat and don't feel discouraged! If those in your home are overweight and don't eat very healthy, do what I do. Buy your own healthy food and prepare your own meals. Don't let anybody discourage you from reaching your goal. Best wishes.
  • ochubbycheekso
    Options
    congratulations on your loss so far use that as a motivation and keep powering through
  • jensong84
    jensong84 Posts: 16
    Options
    Great job so far! I will go add you as well as I'm also looking for friends here. I'm 29, 5'5.5" and would love to be in the 180s. Less would be nice too, but I'm shooting for that first, then I'll reevaluate. So that's about 80lbs to go (down 14 so far).

I also used to live in MS as my DH was stationed there. That place was horrible on our waistlines! Haha! I know you can do this! How exciting for you and what a wonderful goal to have. Can't wait to journey this with you :)
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    congrats so far! I started at 290 and I'm trying to get to 150! you can add me if you'd like!
  • reeserox
    reeserox Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hey, we're in the same boat...that move sounds exciting too!!

you can definitely do it by then...just keep positive :)
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love this site xD Thank you everyone for the welcome :)
  • felicityfancypants
    felicityfancypants Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, Erika. I'm Felicity. I'm 5'6, 28 years old and I need to lose 130 lbs. Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • Dr_Dustin
    Dr_Dustin Posts: 246
    Options
    Feel free to add :) I log in regularly
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    5' 7''

I am here to support you all the way. I will be there when you feel like binging, or feel like giving up. I will be there to motivate you and help you continue with goals. I will be there to celebrated your successes.

Jen