Suggestions for curbing late night snacking

Options
I could go to bed, but I'm in the throes of writing a chapter of my Master's Thesis, and staying up late to write is becoming an every night thing. The stress tends to make me want to snack. Any suggestions?

Replies

• CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    Drink tea!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lots of water!
  • glyncoco
    glyncoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fellow grad student checking in. To be honest, I've been saving calories so I can allow myself nighttime snacks. It's paper season and I know I'm going to be up, so I just do my best to keep the snacks regulated and within budget as much as possible. I've also been drinking tons of water and tea so I have something to do with my hands while I'm reading through stuff. Good luck with everything!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    I suggest 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, or 1/2 cup of vanilla light and fit yougurt, a string cheese. I really like things with dairy and protein maybe a boiled egg to satisfy my cravings. Hopefully this helps if your not lactose intolorent or a vegitarian.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling... I am the same during exams and such... What got me through honestly was workouts (saved up calories, like the person above) and vegetable trays... low in calories and crunchy... it was either that or popcorn, chips and cereal!
  • glyncoco
    glyncoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been eating a lot of hard boiled eggs and greek yogurt. It leaves me feeling full and doesn't ruin the day.
  • creativecarabao
    Options
    plan for the late night snack. reserve some of you calories so you don't have to worry about it. Or take a 30 stroll in the day and earn a snack.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    You can consume a lot of raw carrots and celery for few calories. I get this stuff called "MIO" to flavor water with. It helps me to drink more water.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    saving calories!!!
  • shewasthewalrus
    shewasthewalrus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I am right there with ya. I graduate in two weeks, so this is the final crunch for papers, exam, etc. Night hunger always gets me, and it's usually when I get off track with my eating. Good luck with your thesis!
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I could go to bed, but I'm in the throes of writing a chapter of my Master's Thesis, and staying up late to write is becoming an every night thing. The stress tends to make me want to snack. Any suggestions?

How do you forget something (snacking)? Just think of something else (peppermint tea).
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Psyllium fiber 3 times a day helps.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Slice up an apple, or some sweet peppers. Raspberries are good to snack on and just 27 cal per 100g. When you plan your food for the day make yourself a little pot of healthy nibbles that will do you good and stop you going for the unhealthy choices when you're feeling tired and stressed. Drink water or herbal tea.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would suggest tea -- but it only helps so much when you're tired and trying to stay up half the time. I have the same issue when I work night shift. I do as well as I can though and have a clean diet the rest of the week.
  • bronx1101
    bronx1101 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks, everybody, for the great advice!
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The only thing that worked for me was not buying the snacks and having juice/water to hand
  • herz28camaro
    herz28camaro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE popcorn... I get the 100 cal bags.. or i save my cal's..