What should i make for lunch?

Options
I'm low on ideas today :) Any ideas welcome!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    1 can tuna in water mixed with 1tbsp light mayo

1 diced roma tomato

2 cups lettuce..

Yummy Tuna Salad! I had some Special K crackers w/ mine for an extra crunch!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hummus with toasted pita bread... Yummmm - and good for you.

Either that or a fruit smoothie - too hot to cook.
  • labreemike
    labreemike Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    turkey chili
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    A ruben without the bread
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Bump; I need ideas too. :)
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    A tostada with a whole wheat tortilla, corn, black beans, jalapeno, salsa, tomatoes, chicken or any combo and a little bit of cheese.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am having Hebrew National's 97% fat free hot dogs - really good but have killer sodium.
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    Options
    Tuna but add chopped up green pepper for crunch and fresh flavor... Mmmmmmm! I put my tuna salad on whole wheat.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm low on ideas today :) Any ideas welcome!

i made homemade breaded chicken breasts. u can look on kellog's website 4 the recipe. it's delicious. but i always make enuff 4 abt a wk at a time b/c i'm lazy like that hehe
  • Sherry44
    Sherry44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mexican Turkey Burgers
    1 (20 oz) package of extra lean ground turkey
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro
    1/4 cup diced red onion
    1/4 cup diced red pepper (I used green)
    1/3 cup diced mushrooms (yuck! I used diced tomatoes instead!)
    1 tsp minced garlic
    Mix well in a bowl and grill the burgers for 3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside.
    You can add 1 Tbsp Mexican seasoning to the bowl or like me you can just sprinkle Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning to the burger while it's in the pan.
    You can add 1/4 cup low fat mexican blend cheese to the bowl or like me you can add a thin slice of pepper jack cheese in the last minute of cooking in the pan

You may garnish your burger with salsa, avocado or fat free greek yogurt (in place of sour cream) but honestly, I didn't add anything to the bun. It was delicious as is! No condiments required at all!

Also, get creative! You can add any fresh vegetable to the turkey you love! Next time I will even add fresh black beans to my mexican turkey burger!

BURGER ONLY:
    120 calories, 23 grams of protein, 1 carb, 0 sugar, 2 grams of fat (1 saturated), 40 mg cholesterol, 0 fiber, 30 mg sodium
    Serving Size: 4 Oz - This recipe makes 6 burgers - I put the uncooked portion back in the fridge for later!!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the replies!

Those turkey burgers look sooo awesome!!!! I will make them sometime soon after i go to the grocery store. You didn't find that the tomatoes made the burgers too watery? And i am allergic to mushrooms so i second the yuck lol

I often make homemade crusted chicken/fish, so definitely a great suggestion!!

The tostada sounds yummy but don't have the right ingredients at the moment sadly.
  • recipe4success
    Options
    I think i'll make a tuna salad as per a couple of the suggestions, and perhaps also a fruit smoothie! :)
  • recipe4success
    Options
    What i made (and going to eat right away!)

Strawberry Banana Smoothie:

1 banana
    4 whole strawberries (cored)
    100 g vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup 1% milk

Chopped up fruit and blended all in blender...delicioius!

Tuna Salad:
    80 g mixed greens (about 1.5 cups)
    2 campari tomatoes
    1/2 tbsp fat free caesar dressing
    1 can tuna, packed in water and drained (mixed with 1 tbsp mayo, curry powder, and pepper)

yum!