25 year old big girl on a misson to get fit :)

Options
Hi , My name is Rehannah and I have been pretty much over weight my whole life. I had true addiction to food ..mainly chips and soda and would eat such stuffs in place of a real meal. I've pretty much always been the biggest in my classes. I remember people making fun of me in high school one girl even called me a beached whale. I was really ashamed of myself I knew I was overweight but it didn't hit me that I was extremely over weight up until then.
I struggled with trying to exercise but that all meant nothing because I still had poor eating habits.
Fast forward to last year,when I finally had my light bub moment. I knew I couldn't continue living like this I was letting my weight hold me back from so many thing in life. And so I began the journey....unfortunately I had a bit of a run in with extreme depression and ended up giving up for a few months .I've learned so much in such a short period of time. I've learned the importance of what we are eating and how diet can help us get the body we want without expensive cosmetic procedures and placebo diet pills. I decided that I can't let all my hard work go to waste so I resume working out again on new years of this year. I am feeling more confident then ever in the lifestyle changes I'm making. I have come to love my time at the gym and always keep myself in the zone by watching training videos and looking up questions.

Oh and please be my friend :) I'd love to make friends who have been or are on this journey s well.

Replies

• honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Hi Rehannah and welcome to site.

I think it is wonderful you are taking the first steps in order to change your life. Almost a year ago, I was in your shoes, I mean your story sounds just like mine. I had been overweight my entire life and had a lifelong addiction to chips, cookies, fast food, and soda. I found this website and it changed my life.

Sorry for ranting...

I just wanted to say welcome and good luck on your journey.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    I know what you feel like regarding the bullying and depression. But hey, it's going to get better isn't it? I guess healthy living just speeds it up. Feel free to add me :)
  • ceelg
    ceelg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. We're all on this journey with bumps in the road, twists and turns. And we all do it in our own time, some of us just take a little longer. You can do it!
  • JustMajor
    JustMajor Posts: 17
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I always like to see more and more people working together. The motivation is great!!! Good luck on your journey!
  • caroldeanda
    caroldeanda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Added you ;-) I feel you on the chips and soda and being bigger my whole life too!
  • mebeecc
    mebeecc Posts: 5
    Options
    Keep your head up Rehannah....anyone feel free to add me. I've been using MFP for 4 months and finally decided to start posting, hopefully develop some motivation.
  • bethnryan4ever
    Options
    Hey don't sweat it man all will get better you can do it hope that everything you do goes well and lets all lost some weight !!!!
  • lutemperini
    lutemperini Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck for the jurney!
    I totally related to you when you talk about your addiction for food.
  • Himesama121
    Himesama121 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your kindness :). It's very warming to see so much positivity in this community and will definitely make me stay strong and on track.