posting for the first time here is my story

Options
Hello all my name is Ryan I am 37 years old and live in Colorado. I have been over weight my whole life had a very rough childhood because of my weight and got real down on life. Just 4 short years ago I weighed 530 lbs and had severe sleep apnea and high blood pressure and was just miserable as a person. I then got out of a horrible relationship and met a beautiful woman who took a chance on this incredibly over weight person who was broken as a person and his soul was also broken. She gave me hope and made me look at all the positives instead of the negatives and she gave me encouragement to do better and be a better person and man. This beautiful woman who is now my wife had a beautiful daughter named Madisen who was as beautiful as her mother and had a smile that would melt your heart. I had tried for years to have kids but never could I belive now because of my weight issue. Since meeting her I have dropped 180 lbs and we have a baby boy about to turn 1 year old wow how quickly life can change .I still have a lot of work to do but I am working on it .I have a bad hip that will have to be replaced and now at 360 lbs need to lose more for this surgery. So I took to lap band have not had it done yet mid may I will have one installed if you have any comments about the band please let me know both positive and negative from your own experience .I was just posting because I feel like I have hid my life for so long I am ready to share my story with others if nothing else to help anyone else struggling and to let them know things can and will change just stay focused and positive . You may add me if you wish I hope your day goes good and everything you all want in life come true ...

Your Friend
Ryan

Replies

• sifjada
    sifjada Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful story, Ryan :) It's so great when you have people in your life that motivate you to want to be better.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    He deactivated :-(
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hello: I read your story with awe and enthusiasm. Congratulations on the 180 lbs. loss. You must feel so much better, about yourself and your health. I weighed 191 when starting this 1 week ago. You lost one of me! Minus 11 lbs. Unbelievable!!
    Choosing lap band surgery is a personal issue-but with the knowledge and success you have had so far I can't help but ask" Are you wanting this as a quick fix solution to your life?
    You asked for feedback and that's mine!
    There are reasons why we all put on weight.-Emotional issues, laziness, not caring enough about ourselves, food addiction- whatever?
    I feel that you are on a wonderful journey of self discovery that only you can decide your pathand many are on it with you -Believe in Yourself! Do the Do's, Continue on your journey. Pray about it. The answer to your question will come.
    I'm cheering you on-whatever you decide!
    "WHEN YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN--YOU CAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!