Any advice for me please - I'm stuck :(

Options
Hi, I've been using MFP for a while now, although I don't always log everything on here I am usually always at my set calorie goal (1200)

I am 23 year old female - 5,4" Around 140 pounds - although this sometimes goes up as much as 7lbs.

My problem is in the last 4 weeks or so the scales haven't budged.

I am usually around my 1200 mark, although some days I am under, but I often have a cheat meal (not an extreme one) once or twice a week to mix things up again.

I am currently in my 2nd week of the 30ds and was just wondering what advice you could give to kick start my weight loss again.

Thanks

Replies

• shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I am usually always at my set calorie goal (1200)

Well, there's you're problem.
  • melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Depending on the calculators used your BMR is around the 1400 mark, you need to be eating at least this.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Your body has know figured out that it will not get what it needs from food so it's storing it's energy source(fat) to help keep you alive.

You need to eat more so you can tell your body it is OK to let that fat go.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Love the way that's put.
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your body has know figured out that it will not get what it needs from food so it's storing it's energy source(fat) to help keep you alive.

I think this is the best description I ever heard (totally off topic). :D
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options

I think this is the best description I ever heard (totally off topic). :D

^^ second that!
  • bitterrevenge
    bitterrevenge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Although most days I am at 1200, two days a week I am over by a good few hundred calories so I figured that this would average out over the week.

5 days a week I am at or slightly under 1200 - due to work shifts I only eat two main meals and snacks.

On the other two days I eat 3 meals and probably eat around 1600-1700.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Although most days I am at 1200, two days a week I am over by a good few hundred calories so I figured that this would average out over the week.

5 days a week I am at or slightly under 1200 - due to work shifts I only eat two main meals and snacks.

On the other two days I eat 2 meals and probably eat around 1600-1700.

That gives you an average of 1328 which is probably right around your BMR. Then you're doing 30DS as well, so there's no way you're eating enough for your body to be able to let the fat go. If your shifts have you on your feet, you'll be burning even more, and creating even more of a problem for yourself.
  • jdad1
    Options

On the other two days I eat 3 meals and probably eat around 1600-1700.

What is your height, weight, age and activity level? And do not say Sedentary. You are not sedentary.
  • lilnix88
    lilnix88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you need to check what your eating too if everything your eating is bad for for then yor body will store it as fat, because your sticking to around 1200 cals then you need to mix it up abit more, i joined mfp to keep track of what i was eating after loosing 3 stone, the way i did that was to make sure i was getting plenty of fruit and loads of veg, try having a vegitarian dinner tonight. i used to have at least 1 day a week where i didnt eat any meat. you need to up your activity too i started by walking 20-30 mins a day and built it up to a brisk walk and finally a jog, get your ipod and your running shoes out works wonders! someone mentioned that you should be getting more than 1200 cals per day they are right because your body has become used to 1200 it is storing everything you eat because your body is in "starvation mode" try good calories so no sweets and biscuits have yourself a good walk followed by a boiled egg salad with plenty of peppers, tomatoes ect the egg has plenty of protein in so will help give you energy, try not to drink anything fizzy it is full of sugar and the body struggles to absorb sugar.
    first thing on a morning before you eat anything i do squats while i wait for the toast to pop, i also do a few star jumps (jumping jacks) to kick start my metabolism before it even gets anything to burn drink water with your meals it will help fill you up and instead of having 3 meals a day i have 5 much smaller meals so my body is used to getting nutrients often throughout the day, eat your food slowely and stop when your full but make sure you burn at least 200 cals a day from exercise this will kick start your body into letting go of those stored cals.

good luck and let us know how you get on xx
  • bitterrevenge
    Options

What is your height, weight, age and activity level? And do not say Sedentary. You are not sedentary.

5,4", 140lb, 23, I would say light activity - my shifts include me standing the whole shift but not really moving a lot and I do the 30ds
  • jdad1
    Options

5,4", 140lb, 23, I would say light activity - my shifts include me standing the whole shift but not really moving a lot and I do the 30ds

Your BMR is aprox. 1450 and your estimated TDEE is 1994. You need to be eating above 1450 and below 1994 if you want to loose weight. However i would point out that you are not a bad weight already.
  • bitterrevenge
    Options

Your BMR is aprox. 1450 and your estimated TDEE is 1994. You need to be eating above 1450 and below 1994 if you want to loose weight. However i would point out that you are not a bad weight already.

Thanks a lot for the helpful advice. - Looks like I'll be upping my calories - Which I won't complain about :)
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This will help you more than anything others will say or have said

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • jdad1
    Options

Thanks a lot for the helpful advice. - Looks like I'll be upping my calories - Which I won't complain about :)

Based purely on the little bit of information on this thread i would tell you that you should expect some issues to arise. You might gain a few pounds in the beginning but it should not be to many. This is due to what i mentioned before. Your body does not believe that it can burn off the fat and that is not going to change in one day. It takes time. I am putting this in the simplest form possible..............basically your body does not trust you and you have to rebuild that trust. (fixing your metabolism)

I would recommend adding 100-200 calories per day every week until you’re at where you should be.
  • jdad1
    Options
    This will help you more than anything others will say or have said

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

YES...............Go there.