Things like adios

Options
Ive seen these on TV a lot. Do they actually work/help? or is it just a load of old rubbish?

Cheers

Andy

Replies

• kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    Andy!

I saw your other post about taking diet pills and stuff after admitting to consuming 8 pints and a pizza down the pub.....I have to say I think you need to suck up the reality here! If there was a magic pill out there, do you not think we would all be lovely little skinny minnies and MFP wouldnt even exist.....

There is no quick fix worth your money or your health!! Sorry to sound harsh, but one of the things I like about MFP is people honesty and reallity checks!

If you want it bad enough....you will start to adopt change! ;-)
  • andybrad79
    andybrad79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yup your totally right. Im cutting down lots already. Just now times running out so to speak im looking for every littke tip / trick i can get :)
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If these things really worked then they would be so expensive none of us could afford them!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If it sounds like a gimmick it probably is. Just eat at a moderate deficit, get some exercise, and be patient.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    They help you lose water, not fat. So it basically tricks you into thinking your progressing.
  • kezza8888
    Options
    When is your wedding Andy?
  • andybrad79
    andybrad79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    end july.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    So, are you only trying to lose weight for your wedding, and then you don't care anymore?

Next week will be next week. Next month, next year, etc... will all come, whether or not you're a skinny-minnie or a chunky-monkey. Do not put time lines on weight loss.
    Do the best you can, and be happy with the progress you have made by your wedding day. You will feel like a failure if you haven't reached your "goal" by your wedding day. You should feel 100% amazing on your wedding day, so let what progress you have made at that point shine, not that "20 pounds" you haven't lost.
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    DO NOT USE ADIOS!! (not only because you should do this healthy and by exercise / food) but because some one I know tried this and they "leaked" from their bottom - woke up one morning with green and weird coloured stuff coming out of them.

Apologies for how disguisting this is for anyone who read haha!
  • kezza8888
    Options
    Well it seems to me like you still have time on your side Andy :-)

Keep doing your best and focus on the progress as another person already said!

Most of feeling good about ourselves is actually to do with healthy liefstyles (feeling good on the inside) and thereofre not the size of our waist!

I recommend trying to get some green tea into your daily routine, at least one after each meal! Its refreshing, detoxifying and good for diegestion/metabolism. Also I swear by water and ensure i have a large glass everymorning before i leave the house! :-) These things also help you to feel full up!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    --- Just now times running out so to speak im looking for every littke tip / trick i can get :)
    while I understand wanting to look your best for your wedding/spouse/loved one- They love you right now. they want to marry YOU not your scale number. The best thing to do for yourself and for the one you love is be healthy. This means a lifelong/lifestyle change that isn't a quick fix.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    DO NOT USE ADIOS!! (not only because you should do this healthy and by exercise / food) but because some one I know tried this and they "leaked" from their bottom - woke up one morning with green and weird coloured stuff coming out of them.

:sick:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You have 3 months, sensible diet and exercise can do amazing things in that time. Don't waste your money on diet pills, join a gym or start something like Insanity or P90X NOW, don't procrastinate for another few weeks and look for quick fixes.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You have 3 months, sensible diet and exercise can do amazing things in that time. Don't waste your money on diet pills, join a gym or start something like Insanity or P90X NOW, don't procrastinate for another few weeks and look for quick fixes.

^^This Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!