It has been 17 Months but I am BACK!~!~!~!

Options
I have been MIA for 17 months, I can not believe it has been over a year. So here is what happened to me,

I was recently sober when I left MFP. (realized I had A LOT of free time once I stopped drinking. Lol.) Now I am over 2 years sober and going strong.

I had a baby!! What,!! I know!~! She is now 9 months old. She is my first child and she is AWESOME. I gained A LOT of weight when I was pregnant, I was 202 lbs the day I went in to have her. Nine months later I am back to 142.

I came back to MFP because I need to reevaluate myself to see how I am really doing. I used MFP before because I needed to change my way of living and it worked. I learned so much from so many people and truly felt like I had a ton of support from everyone on here. I want to thank you all for being here and supporting each other. Even if you don't think you are making a difference in someone's life, I bet you are!!~!!

My new goal is to get back to eating well. (I do pretty well, but I don't know what I don't know so I am going to start learning from you all again.) I also want to get exercise back into my daily routine. I do pretty well with getting in what I need to do to stay fit but I just cant shake these last few pounds and I want to tone. I am sure you moms out there understand, I just want to feel like I have some control over my body again!~!~!~!

So here I go, Taking back control!!!!

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    YEAH!! Welcome back and glad you are taking control. Start logging on every morning, put in exercise and food. Stick with it. I get on line and read these types of motivational success and people who need help. I try to motivate them which in turn motivates me. If I am tempted to eat or having a bad day, I try to think about what I told the people on MFP and tell myself to "listen to what you told them"!!!!

"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great."
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    "An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great."

LOVE THIS QUOTE!!!!!
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Good luck- always good to be dedicated and in control :)
  • AleshiaBunting
    AleshiaBunting Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on the sobriety and the birth of your baby girl! And welcome back to MFP! Sounds like you know what you need to do...202 to 142! Beautiful! Keep up the good work!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Whooop!
  • JoanneTalerico
    JoanneTalerico Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, good for you and super that you are sober! Congrats on your little one!
  • RubyRedScarlett
    Options

LOVE THIS QUOTE!!!!!
    i love this quote too

congratulations on being sober and of course on your little one, not to mention getting the baby weight off
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thats a pretty inspiring story if you ask me!