Quick/Easy Dinner Ideas????

Options
I seem to fix the same things over and over. Just looking for some new ideas, but need them as quick and easy as possible.

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I love my crockpot!! Check out some recipes on my blog, debscooking.blogspot.com
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For my quickest, easiest idea I usually have eggs and rice. I use the Minute single serving brown rice. It's the little microwaveable cups. They take 60 seconds to heat up. Meanwhile I scramble 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. Add it to the rice with a little soy sauce, green onions, cilantro and pepper. If you want it even faster, boil eggs during the week and just add them to the rice when you are hungry. I use the same amount of hard boiled eggs, 1 whole, 2 egg whites. It's good because it gives you just the right amount of fat, carbs, and protein in one meal. You can even fry 1 whole egg and use the juicy yolk in with the rice and soy sauce...yummy...

Hope you get some good ideas!

Christy
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Salads are always a good option, and you can make them loooots of different ways. Top with cheese, pepperoni, lunchmeat, anything! Also I like to make sandwiches on Wasa crispbread. I top each with a smear of cream cheese, then deli turkey and avocado- its a good, filling lunch. Hope you get lots of ideas! I'm going to check back and see if I can get some new ideas from this thread as well!
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    Last Night I did chicken Burgers and tonight I am going to be doing a Blackbean burger as I have 600 cals left for the day
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    I got a recipe from someone a few weeks ago and I have been making it ever since! It is yummy and quick!
    You basically cut up a chicken breast and toss it in bread crumbs. Then you cook it in a skillet with 2 tbs of Canola oil and set it to the side.
    In the same dish saute some onions and add another tbs of canola oil. Once they are golden brown, sprinkle some flour in.
    Then add a cup of low sodium, fat free chicken broth and 1/4 cup of....Lemon juice or Terryaki marinade or BBQ sauce...or whatever flavor your little hear desires.
    Bring that to a boil and stir for about 2 minutes. Then stir in your choice of cooked noodles (about 3 cups prepared). I have used baby shells, spagetti, and Futili (cork screw pasta)
    I will see if I can find the website I found this recipe on.
    The best thing about it is you can mix it up! And the leftovers are super yummy!
    OH- and I also sprinkle some parm. cheese on it!
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    I got a recipe from someone a few weeks ago and I have been making it ever since! It is yummy and quick!
    You basically cut up a chicken breast and toss it in bread crumbs. Then you cook it in a skillet with 2 tbs of Canola oil and set it to the side.
    In the same dish saute some onions and add another tbs of canola oil. Once they are golden brown, sprinkle some flour in.
    Then add a cup of low sodium, fat free chicken broth and 1/4 cup of....Lemon juice or Terryaki marinade or BBQ sauce...or whatever flavor your little hear desires.
    Bring that to a boil and stir for about 2 minutes. Then stir in your choice of cooked noodles (about 3 cups prepared). I have used baby shells, spagetti, and Futili (cork screw pasta)
    I will see if I can find the website I found this recipe on.
    The best thing about it is you can mix it up! And the leftovers are super yummy!
    OH- and I also sprinkle some parm. cheese on it!

Ok- that took forever but the link is http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Lemon-Chicken-with-Pasta
  • labelleariane
    labelleariane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You need few stuff, but you can cut or add pretty anything you want.

Bocconcini +Tomato + tuna + onion + celery

&

Canola 1tbs + balsamic + maple syrup (.5 tbs or citrus juice)
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Any flavor fresh raviolis served over a bag or two of sauteed spinach with some garlic, lemon juice, herbs and a bit of lite butter or spray tossed in and a splash of wine or broth.