If you don't "like the taste of water"...

Options
Davina_JH
Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
13273_565330166830668_1313190293_n.jpg

Use this as a spring board and create your own variations. Yesterday I made Lemon/Raspberry and added Lavender flowers inside of a tea ball. :love:

Also, because I'm sure someone will ask, these are calorie-free unless you eat the food!

I copied and pasted this, so please excuse any errors as they are not mine. :flowerforyou:
Enjoy!

1) The classical : lemon/cucumber:
Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + 1 cucumber and a lemon, thinly sliced + 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped basil leaf + 1/3 of finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

2) The granite : Strawberry/Lime or Raspberry/Lime
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 6 strawberries / 0r Raspberries and one thinly sliced lime + 12 finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

3) The digestive : Fennel/citrus
First: infuse 1 to 3 grams of dried and crushed fennel in 150 ml of boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water + lemon juice (put the leftover lemon in the mix) + a small thinly sliced orange + 12 fresh chopped mint leaves + the infusion of fennel seeds. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.

4) The antiOX : Blackberry/Sage
Note that a part from the berries, sage leafs is the herb that has the highest antioxidant content.
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of blackberries that have been very slightly crushed + 3-4 sage leaves. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.

5) WATERmelon : watermelon/Rosemary
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of watermelon cut into cubes + 2 rosemary stems. Leave in refrigerator overnight before serving.

6) The exotic : Pineapple/Mint
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of pineapple cut into cubes + 12 fresh mint leaves finely chopped. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

7) The traditional : Apple/cinnamon
Mix in a pitcher : 10 cups of water + 1 cup of apple cut into cubes + 2 cinnamon sticks + 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

8.) The zingibir : Ginger/tea
In advance: heat 1 teaspoon of ginger in two cups of tea, let it cool down.

Mix in a pitcher: 10 cups of water with two cups of the ginger tea + 4-5 pieces of fresh ginger cut into cubes. Leave in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

Replies

• soccermom1013
    soccermom1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    These are awesome.Thanks!!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i dont see anything about where the alcohol goes? lol

That said, I live off of Crystal Lite, but these are good and worth a try.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What a "refreshing" idea! Thanks so much for sharing!~
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

I bet you could use booze instead of water.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Don't you know that as soon if you add anything to it, your body won't send it to your water processing center and it sends it to your stomach instead and is counted as food. Only water counts as water. It's science.
  • Davina_JH
    Options

Mmmm alcohooll :love: We can't go violating alcohol with water! Some of these would be great for the morning-after :drinker:
  • Davina_JH
    Options
    Don't you know that as soon if you add anything to it, your body won't send it to your water processing center and it sends it to your stomach instead and is counted as food. Only water counts as water. It's science.

QFT.

By the way, this response gave me diarrhea. :flowerforyou:
  • Davina_JH
    Options

I bet you could use booze instead of water.

Infused vodka or gin. I'm in.
  • sd1951
    sd1951 Posts: 1
    Options
    Perfect solutions for those who can't drink water!

Love the Ginger/Tea....will try that one soon.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    nice, thank you!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    saw this on FB, they look awesome!!!
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • KyraBellwain
    KyraBellwain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am So trying them!
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    ok makes these for me, thanks :)
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ah, I love infused water! I'm not quite sure why anyone would say they "don't like the taste of water" though. As far as I know, water doesn't exactly have a taste xD
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I could hug you! I hate water, and have been spending money on bottled or putting lemon juice in tap to hide the gross taste.
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking infused water all week and have bumped my water intake from 2-3 glasses a day to 12-14. It really helps. I've been researching combos and have found 22 combos so far.... I haven't tested all of them yet but one day at a tiime I'm working on it.
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am one who doesn't like water that much but know you need to drink it.