Can anyone with a fitbit help me?

Options
Hi,

I just received my fitbit but have noticed that my calorie burn increases even whilst sedentary, is this normal?

also the site is down, is this common because it's so discouraging as I cannot register. thanks in advance

Replies

• melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You burn calories 24 hours a day so you can expect your burn to constantly change. As for the site being down, I've not had that issue since getting my fitbit at the beginning of Feb.
  • EIEIElenaO
    EIEIElenaO Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The site can be a bit glitchy, but try back and you'll be fine.

As for calorie burn, if you're alive you burn calories and fitbit estimates that.

I've had mine for about a month and love it. I makes me aware of movement the same way MFP makes me aware of intake.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I've been with fitbit for nearly a year and have only really had two problems with bugs in the site since then. It's generally pretty reliable.

Regarding your calorie increase, this is your resting metabolism rate so it will go up even if you're not doing anything. The fitbit day starts and ends at midnight so there will always be several hundred calories burned by the time you wake up in the morning.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes that's normal as it tracks the calories burnt while just staying alive too.

However, there can be issues with fitbit and MFP syncing if both are not set up correctly. initially when i got mine it was giving me loads of calories and then taking them away the next day - eventually managed to track it down to my MFP Profile being set to the wrong time zone, even though i had told it I was in the UK. Its automatically set to american time i think so make sure you have that correct too or the fibit calories burnt during the day won't be accurate.

to check, go to your mfp home, then settings then change time zone
  • kapot
    kapot Posts: 53
    Options
    The server has been busy all day for me. Anyone else?
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I've been on the fitbit site hourly since this morning and have had no problems.
  • kapot
    kapot Posts: 53
    Options

I've been on the fitbit site hourly since this morning and have had no problems.

Thank you for responding. Can you link me the site you log on?
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. Can you link me the site you log on?

http://www.fitbit.com/ go to "dashboard" and log in.