Hi there... any tips?

Hi there,
I've been using Myfitnesspal for logging my weight loss since last year, but haven't been making use of the community or other tools.
If anyone has any tips for making the most of this site, I'd be really appreciative.
I've lost 30 lbs so far and still have a long way to go, but I'm beginning to enjoy the process of this long-distance journey.
I've recently started a jogging/walking program that's given me a boost of excitement too.

Excited to be here and look forward to meeting others.

Replies

• just get involved....i love the site....the interaction, the tips, the comments, the ideas etc....its very helpful and insightful.
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    i just recently joined, but i think it encourages me more when i see other "friends" working out, or staying under their calorie goal. It's also encouraging when others recognize my hard work. i'm pretty shy and wasn't sure about this, but started adding people and then others started adding me, it was easy :) good luck, and good job on the weight loss so far!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Logging the exercise and food really helps me. Sometimes I just spend a few minutes scanning the message board and picking up great tips, recipes and food items. I have connected with some new friends and they encourage me to keep it up! Fantastic weight loss - good luck to you!
  • sillysuzy
    sillysuzy Posts: 4
    Thanks so much to all for your tips so far. I'm excited about finding tips and recipes and joining the conversation on all levels. Congrats to you on your weight loss too!
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    I lost about 90 lbs before I joined this site, but have really enjoyed it since I found out about it from a friend. Never really thought too much about other "social network" sites, but now I'm addicted to this one. Love the recipe sites. I find all kinds of tips on excercises. I actually hated exercising but ended up joining a challenge group called the SWaT team where we each made a commitment to walk a certain number of miles within a month. I planned to walk 50 miles but will end up walking 85 and my goal for next month is 100 miles. There is no limit to what you can do on this site. Good luck!