Proof that weight training will not make girls bulky

Options
Hellllooooo Lifters!!!

I just wanted to let y'all know that I am turning 31 years of age next Tuesday! I have just posted up a photo on my Facebook page "THE BAKING MAD GYM ADDICT" of how I looked at aged 21 when I was just doing cardio.

I would not say I was a large girl at 21 but you can definitely see the difference in my body now that I have started lifting weights (and I only really started lifting in the last year) Hello lines, lumps and bumps!.

Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. The photo actually makes me look forward to the next 10 years at how much my body will look if I continue this path

I hope y'all are having a wonderful day!

This is the link here for anyone that is interested

https://www.facebook.com/lorraine.chung.16#!/photo.php?fbid=478580028880886&set=a.469997566405799.1073741834.418282054910684&type=1&theater

PS - if anyone can tell me how to add a picture to one of these forums please let me know as I worry that I will get into trouble with MFP for mentioning my facebook page!!! I am hopeless at these forum thingys! Where is the paperclip icon to add pictures???

LIFT HEAVY. GO HARD OR GO HOME!

xXx

Replies

• ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    562411_478580028880886_1170809802_n.jpg

Seems to be a bit big
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Chocol8teThunder Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ok you are freaking amazing. I can't wait to read more about your recipes and training!

Thanks

Corey C.T
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! you look fantastic!!! 31 years young for sure! :)
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING UP THE PHOTOS YOU CLEVER THING! Haha - I look even bigger with the huge photo haha!!
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    Oh and Chocolate thunder - you should check out my recipe for the high protein cheesecake I made at the weekend - oh em gee it was utter delicious.

I have also made meaty quail eggs - which are pure savoury balls of protein and quinoa sushi without the guilt of white rice.... check em out on my facebook page if you like. Oh dear I am going to get into trouble now for saying facebook again...
  • emilyblack90
    emilyblack90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, how much do you lift, and how often? What did you start at? Sorry, lots of questions!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    you're like, my new favorite person. thanks for posting this!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted in the main forums as I forgot to check you out on facebook. You look amazing!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Outstanding progress! I just liked your page on Facebook and can't wait to see more progress and recipes soon :drinker:
  • brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i am beginning to realize there is more to working out than just cardio. Thanks for the proof of that!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    You look awesome
  • turbogynda
    turbogynda Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go :-D. I couldn't agree more that weight training is the way to go. I was a cardio fanatic for years, but it wasn't untill I was introduced to real weight training I really started to see changes in my body.

Lift like a man, look like a goddess!
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thanks for the inspiration!!!! you look amazing!
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What an amazing change you've made! You look so strong and fit and healthy! Well done! I hope that some day I can be as proud of myself as you must be :) very inspiring!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Sadly, you will have women still say that they gained 10 pounds of muscle and got bulky within 2 months of lifting. Ugh.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Holy hell! you look fantastic!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I can't see the picture :(

edit: nevermind... MIND BLOWN, you look amazinggg!!!!
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yay, I finally found your page on Facebook. You rock!

I'm sure you have shared this somewhere but I can't find it . . . what is your lifting routine?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!