INSANITY --- Please Help!

Options
Hi,
I'm looking forward to start insanity sometime this week.

I'm confused on how many calories I should be taking.

Anyone here who can guide me ?

I'm 5'1 (height)
155 lbs is my weight
and I'm 29 years old.

Please please??

Thanks
PS: What else can I take instead of protein shakes and recovery drink?

Replies

• shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Male or female? :)
  • Ice_azure
    Ice_azure Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Female :bigsmile:
  • Ice_azure
    Options
    -
  • shivles
    Options
    2000cal/day if you want to loose
    2500cal/day if you want to maintain
    3000cal/day if you want to gain

(based on harris-benedict formula recommended in the nutrition guide of insanity)

Hope that helps!
  • Ice_azure
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you so much! :smile:
  • charmainegaltress
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world but if using the DVDs be careful. I was doing one of the DVDs and during a squat jump I sprained my knee. 3 months later I was in hospital having an operation to straighten my patella and remove torn cartilage. I'm not sayng don't do it but be careful with it. It's been 2 months since my operation and I still can't walk up stairs.
  • shivles
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world but if using the DVDs be careful. I was doing one of the DVDs and during a squat jump I sprained my knee. 3 months later I was in hospital having an operation to straighten my patella and remove torn cartilage. I'm not sayng don't do it but be careful with it. It's been 2 months since my operation and I still can't walk up stairs.

I think that's probably just bad luck, anyone can sprain their knee during exercise, you just happened to be doing Insanity. Sorry to hear you still have issues, hope it heals soon for you.
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options

PS: What else can I take instead of protein shakes and recovery drink?

Water. Or if you want to feel like you're drinking something "useful," grab a bottle of the low calorie Gatorade. I don't want to step on any toes (probably will, and somebody will likely post some "research" that shows that these supplements make your hair thicker, give you more self-esteem, increase your salary, and makes you more attractive to the opposite sex), but protein shakes and recovery drinks aren't going to give you magic results: counting calories and actually doing cardio (like Insanity) will.

As far as hurting your knees, I've hurt my knees playing basketball, beach volleyball, surfing, moving furniture, etc. And once I blew my back out in the shower, go figure.
  • michelleritzie
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I was really counting on those protein meal replacement shakes doubling my salary over night.