Calling all late 30, early 40 somethings...

I will be 40 in January (nine months minus 3 days to be exact... and yes, I'm counting) I am determined to get FIT before I hit 40. I will say, for me personally, every year that passes seems to make it just a little bit harder.... not impossible, just a wee bit more difficult. I have 20 more pounds to lose to be at my goal and I would be thrilled if I can get there before I get to the big 4-0! ;)

This has been a tough year for me... my "baby" started kindergarten so I have been struggling with this new phase of life having no little ones at home... my dad also passed away about 6 weeks ago which really has made me reevaluate what is important in life. Having said that, I am more committed than ever to truly LIVE and be healthy!

If any one wants/needs friends please feel free to add me! I am very active on the site (login almost every day) Nothing against the 18 year olds and 20 somethings on this site, but I just feel like I have more in common with people near the same age and would love to have more friends AND especially support/encouragement!

Send me a friend request and... Let's do this!!!

Replies

• tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    We are already friends! I loved your post though. You got this girl! You can do it!
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Feel free to add me!
    I am sorry for your recent loss.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    I will be 40 in December! and I have a 5yo girl (turning 6 in a week) who started Kindergarten. I will be your friend LOL I like friends :D

ETA: My father also passed way last May on mother's day so I can relate to your pain.
  • dmb0114
    dmb0114 Posts: 49
    We are already friends! I loved your post though. You got this girl! You can do it!

Thanks! and I am happy we are friends! ;)
  • dmb0114
    I will be 40 in December! and I have a 5yo girl (turning 6 in a week) who started Kindergarten. I will be your friend LOL I like friends :D

ETA: My father also passed way last May on mother's day so I can relate to your pain.

We have A LOT in common! We can do this TOGETHER! Thanks..
  • dmb0114
    Feel free to add me!
    I am sorry for your recent loss.

Thank you! (and friend request sent)
  • Hi,
    Just looking for some friends to share this journey with and encourage along the way!
    I am turning 35 tomorrow.
    I am looking forward to connecting!
    Thanks.
    Becky Olesky
  • mrskight2011
    mrskight2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Already in my 40's and commend you for aiming to get fit beforehand! You can do this! I'm sorry for the loss of your dad and saying a prayer for your family.
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    I turned 43 just more than a week ago. My body was much more forgiving of my lapses when I was younger. It was a lot easier to get back into shape after I'd slacked off.

Keep pushing. It's worth it.

Cheers,
    Daryle
  • I fit that description :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    I think early 40's means 45 haha....anyway, I've been on this site for a while as well. I joined a year or so ago after looking for an app for my sister-in-law. I'm a big proponent of running....been doing it for a while...still do 3-4 half-marathons a year. I'm currently training for the Buffalo Half and my target time is 1:40. You can definitely do anything you put your mind to just keep at it!
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    pick me, pick me! My name is Heather, and I'm turning 40 in July. I'm here for some of the same reasons... it's time to be FABULOUS at 40! I would like to share inspiration if you want to add me?
  • You can add me if you would like....