Shoes.

Options
What kind of shoes do you exercise with? I recently bought 2 pairs, 1 for the gym and a pair for going for walks and going on my treadmill. They were both purchased at walmart lol the one I wear more often is dr shcolls. I still find my feet hurt, more so my left foot on the inner side of the arch. I wanna go to Nike's because pretty much everyone at the gym has Nike's on so they must be super comfy lol

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I like my Nike Shox Turbo 13 shoes for indoor workouts. They aren't super cushy but they really fit my feet like a glove and are pretty supportive.
  • JohnathanL
    Options
    Just got some Nike Lunarglide 4 shoes the other day. Most comfortable running shoes I've ever put on. Super lightweight too. I'll mostly use them for walking/running, but they would be good for gym work too.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Can't beat Brooks for running. The style I got is super comfy, lightweight, has a roomy toe box and supports my high arch. For indoor workouts I wear puma crosstrainers.
  • bella51708
    Options
    I bought a pair of Nike's on Saturday. They are running shoes, but I forget the style. At first they were super comfy, but after going for a 3 mile walk on Sunday, they gave me a blister on the inside of my right heel. My left one is fine and doesn't hurt at all, but my right constantly rubs and causes blisters each time I walk in them. Very disappointed....
  • pdittman19
    Options
    I just purchased the Brooks PureFlow2 Running shoes. I have never worn anything that felt so good on my feet. I run on my treadmill and do Les Mills Combat and P90X. They have fantastic support and cushioning for the plyometrics that I do and also side support for my Combat kicks. I highly recommend them.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My home gym shoes were purchased at Walmart. Just a cheap pair I use when I'm on my elliptical or treadmill. I love those shoes however haven't been able to find another pair. They were great running shoes as well but with the sole broken I can't use them to run outside now.

My outside shoes are just a pair of basic men's running shoes I got at Zellers. They are great!

I used to spend a lot of money on shoes due to foot issues but I've found I can go with almost any basic, lower priced shoe as long as I have my orthodics in them (I broke a few bones in my foot a few years ago that never healed properly, without orthodics I'm in pain). Maybe look into getting some good insoles for the shoes you have? I find they can help a lot with shoes that cause issues.

If you are new to working out the pain could be just due to the fact that you aren't used to working out. When I transferred from a desk job to a job where I walked for hours a day my feet and legs hurt quite a bit for the first little while until I got used to the increase of movement.

I go through shoes far too often sometimes so I don't spend a lot of money on shoes or I'd go broke. I used to buy New Balance shoes which were amazing but far too expensive for me right now.

If you do want to look at getting a better pair of shoes... Althletes world in the mall was closing (not sure if it has closed yet or not) and had some great prices on great shoes!