protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard tastes great.

Agreed. I have the double rich choc. Mix it with milk and it tastes really good ^_^
    I use 2% fat milk with my and the whole thing comes up to 220 cals, with about 30g protein (powder + milk)!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats Trutein. Only ones that come close in taste are Ultimate Peptide by Xtreme Formulations and Protean by Iforce.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

Agreed. I have the double rich choc. Mix it with milk and it tastes really good ^_^
    I use 2% fat milk with my and the whole thing comes up to 220 cals, with about 30g protein (powder + milk)!

That's the brand/flavour I use as well. I mix mine with coconut milk, or sometimes with just water. My son has it in his porridge.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's called GoLean Dessert. Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar. It's 150 cals just for the powder and water, but I usually make it a post workout meal with frozen berries, a scoop of sugar free vanilla ice cream, and some water and ice (~310 cals total). DELICIOUS.
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold products, the chocolate and creamy vanilla are both very good, also Monster Milk is good, none of them have an aftertaste...

be aware that all protein powders aren't equal as well, some are better before and after workouts, others before bedtime for slow absorption...

Champion Nutrition's products always seem to have an aftertaste... the stuff in walmart is garbage in my book, but more affordable.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Look up Nitrofusion... its non whey protein powder...choclate isnt overly sweet but its tasty and theres no after taste.

That's what I use since I'm allergic to whey.. I mix it in with almond milk and booyah
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Question about Optumum nutrition gold standard whey.

I have heard so many people say that french vanilla or chocolate taste great but no one ever says anything about there many other flavors. Have you tried any other flavors they have and what did you think?
  • Salisburah
    Salisburah Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Agreed!! I also add peanut butter & a banana if I'm using it as a meal replacement :smile: They sent me Vanilla Icecream this time- it is quite nice but not as great as the double choc!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    what about all there other flavors?
  • CatherineFrost
    CatherineFrost Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same problem, all protein shakes make me gag, I ended up going with Boomers, it doesn't have anything added to it and has very little taste so you can just add your own flavours, I put a couple of teaspoons in each coffee and don't even know its there.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I use Super Advanced Whey Protein from Walmart . 15 bucks.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition, Bananas and Cream with two scoops of PB2 very good mixed with vanilla unsweetened almond milk, or my personal favorite Muscle Pharm Cookies and cream also mixed with almond milk
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Question about Optumum nutrition gold standard whey.

I have heard so many people say that french vanilla or chocolate taste great but no one ever says anything about there many other flavors. Have you tried any other flavors they have and what did you think?

'Delicious strawberry' is good. The all natural strawberry flavor is ok, but my least favorite that I've tried thus far.
  • sifjada
    sifjada Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think this is specific to Europe, but I use Nutramino whey protein powder in chocolate & coconut... Really good, even just blended with water :)
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I second that strawberry, chocolate and french vanilla are all good from Optimum nutrition.
    Those are the only 3 flavors I have because I find them the easiest to add other things to or to use in other recipes.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    BSN Lean Dessert.

Cinnamon Roll
    Chocolate Fudge
    Whipped Vanilla

Haven't tried the banana yet, so I can't recommend it, but those three whip up like milkshakes with ZERO chalky taste. The vanilla one even has little vanilla bean seeds in it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a protein powder that doesnt leave an after taste? What are your faves? Having a hard time getting my protein in and think thats the best option but never been a fan of the taste...:(

I picked up some unflavored 80% whey protein powder yesterday in bulk. No aftertaste. Might want to look for that.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Labrada Lean Body for her I LOVE the chocolate flavor. It's like thick chocolate milkshake.

Right now I just got some Designer Whey Gourmet Chocolate flavor. It's less sweet but more protein per calorie!
  • tashalu22
    Options
    I have not found a protein powder that doesn't have that funny taste...but I have figured out ways to improve the taste. Half a frozen banana (Peel and slice banana before freezing) does wonders for the consistency, and cinnamon!! Also, putting a drop or two of almond extract or vanilla extract helps with the taste.