40 something

Options
Is it any more difficult than it might have been in your 30's?

Replies

• dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Is it any more difficult than it might have been in your 30's?

Ask me this time next week when I've turned 40 and I tell you if I'm struggling or not :flowerforyou:
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • krenelynch
    krenelynch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think it is! Even at 40 I had a much easier time losing weight, now at 43 I'm having to work much harder! That's why I decided not to put it off!
  • dmb0114
    dmb0114 Posts: 49
    Options
    I will be 40 in January (nine months minus 3 days to be exact... and yes, I'm counting) I am determined to get FIT before I hit 40. I will say, for me personally, every year that passes seems to make it just a little bit harder.... not impossible, just a wee bit more difficult.

I have 20 more pounds to lose to be at my goal before I turn 40. If any one wants/needs friends please feel free to add me! I am very active on the site (login almost every day) Nothing against the 18 year olds and 20 somethings on this site, but I just feel like I have more in common with people near the same age.

Let's do this!!!
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, its been slower than it was 7 years ago- and I'm 41.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It's definitely slower. I used to think that was simply excuse making. I was quite wrong. Color me properly chastened. :embarassed:
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    In my thirties, I was living in a foreign country with no family support, young children and an absent husband.

Now, in my forties, I just have an occasionally absent husband.

Loving Brisbane in my forties.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    Not at all! It's all mental and hopefully by the time you reach your 40's you're ready to start putting yourself first, and you're wise enough to at least start researching the way to live for the rest of your life and not "how to lose 10 pounds in 10 days".

It's worked for me!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ This.

Haven't found it more difficult; i think mostly because my focus changed it wasn't about losing lots of weight but losing the little bit I had gained and changing my body composition - the threads on here about lifting really helped, also the knowledge about TDEE - I love being able to eat loads and still get/have the body I want :)
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm 50, and have been doing this for a year as of yesterday. It's much easier for me now than it was in my 30s, or any other time of my life, because I finally realized I don't have to do some whacky, insane, weird diet plan. All I have to do is eat foods that are good for me, measure my portions, and count calories.
  • dmb0114
    dmb0114 Posts: 49
    Options
    Not at all! It's all mental and hopefully by the time you reach your 40's you're ready to start putting yourself first, and you're wise enough to at least start researching the way to live for the rest of your life and not "how to lose 10 pounds in 10 days".

It's worked for me!

Still struggling (at times) with putting myself first BUT... THIS!!! ^^^^^^ definitely rings true for me!
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think so. In my 20s and 30s it seemed lie I could lose 5lb in a week. Now, I'm 44 and it seems like it takes a lot longer drop 5lbs.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    I finally realized I don't have to do some whacky, insane, weird diet plan. All I have to do is eat foods that are good for me, measure my portions, and count calories.

Ahhh...if only this kind of common sense was contagious....
    I think so. In my 20s and 30s it seemed lie I could lose 5lb in a week. Now, I'm 44 and it seems like it takes a lot longer drop 5lbs.

If I may say so, (after taking a peek at your profile) as long as you believe you are "someone who has always struggled with her weight" you will always live that way. You can lose weight 100 times, and life will put you back into the position of having it to lose all over again. Start seeing yourself as a healthy size 6 no matter what life throws at you, and you have a much better chance of staying there in the long run.

We can do this!
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. The hardest thing is that the time has been lost. Apart from that, no different at the moment - except the hangovers became impossible to deal with. Hodgie x
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Don't know, don't care. I have a little less then 5 months before I hit that birthday and I want to lose at least 10, maybe 15 more pounds by then. Then, I can say I weigh less at 40, than at 14!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!