jogging/running

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
I am going to start jogging/running. What would i track this under as i will be building my pace up and will be starting off slow

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I log mine under walking..... I jog so slowly that MFP considers it brisk walking and so I just log it as that. The treadmill and MFP are pretty similar in the number of cals they think I am burning.

If you are walking outside keep track of how far and how long you walk/ run for and you will be able to use the numbers to work out a speed to log it as :)
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    Heya,

Check out this website - you can track the route and distance of a run for free!

http://www.goodrunguide.co.uk/

Once you know the distance and time it took to get round you should be able to find an accurate reading on MFP as entering "Running" will bring up lots of options. E.G. It will give you the speed in MPH but also show the approximate time per mile; 10min mile.

Hope this helps! :-)
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Download the runtastic app and take it with you when you go out. I've just started running and use this. It uses gps to record your map,distance avg speed and cals burned plus you can sync it to your mfp. :)
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I work out my route and time and find my pace, MFP has lots of different paces listed so its easy to find which one to use.
    I haven't got anything that tracks me while I'm out so I use mapmyrun for my route and the therunningbug to log my miles/pace/calories (I like it as its keeps track of everything and puts you on a league table).

All the best for your running :)