Am I skinny fat?

Options
Once again, I need you guys to help me. It's gonna sound stupid, but anyhow. How do I know if I'm skinny fat or just fat?
I'm 5'9, and my weight is around 130 lbs. My BMI is in the healthy range, but I don't have access to a way to find out my boyfat%. I've been trying to lose weight for about three months now, and I'm not seeing any relsuts, and it's getting really frustrating.

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You could go over to fat2fitradio.com and use one or all of their body fat calculators to get a good idea of body fat%.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Nobody can make any conclusions based on what little relevant information you gave.....
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight I would say you are probably skinny. Whether you are "skinny fat" or not would depend on your body fat percentage, etc. I wouldn't focus on losing weight, instead focus on building muscle and reducing body fat (if anything).
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    well based on what you have said. 130 lbs really and 5'9" ???? thats tall to be that weight if you looking for weight loss. unless we see pics i would say its more of a work out and tone type thing
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    to add to what i said in your other post. same thing applys

muscles are growing and getting bigger.

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height_weight.shtml

if you look at this chart. 130lbs is aalmost getting to low for your height and you should be a little bit more around 150 or about right were you are. if you have a little chub you want to get rid of you need to tone.
    Work out and yes you will gain a little weight but you can and you will gain in size for a little bit. but the muscles will grow faster than the loss of little fat so you will grow and first but the extra fat will come off and thin out a little.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    You would have to post pics. For 5'9 130 seems small. If your body fat percentage is >20 then I would consider myself skinny fat in your situation. BUT if your 5'9 130 with 12% bf then u just need to bulk since you are at a lower bf