Food Scale

Options
Hi All,

I am interested in buying a food scale so I can stop guesstimating how many ounces of fish and chicken I am eating. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one to buy? Does anyone have one they absolutely love? Thanks!

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic, I would like to know too. However, I am pretty happy with my current one. I have an analogue set that I picked up or £5 (not sure what that is in $!) and it does it job, even if it is not brilliant!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have one I love--it's brand name is Taylor. Very inexpensive at Wal-(low in affluence at the expense of the rest of the world) Mart. It works in either ounces or grams and I can't imagine doing this without it.
  • patti0929
    Options
    I got mine at Walmart also ($20.00)
  • michielee
    michielee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for responding! I willd efinitely look into the food scales at Walmart :)
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Brand name probably doesn't matter as much as features available. Digital is a must. One that allows you to "tare" back to zero is super convenient. The ability to toggle back and forth between grams and ounces is one of my favorite options and make sure it will weigh up to at least 5 lbs. All of these features should be available on a scale for under $30.
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I bought one on Amazon for less than $10 and it is perfect!
  • michielee
    Options
    Kelyw036 what was the brand you foud on amazon?
  • michielee
    Options
    Thanks elle_dubya I will definitely make sure whatever one I buy has all of those features!