Calorie Monitors

Options
Does anyone know of any product which will monitor the calories spent on a day... I thought of buying Bodybugg but i am not feeling comfortable for paying the subsription fee everymonth for using it.

Replies

• toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    There are a LOT of them out there. Polar F4, Reebok Strapless series, Mitac Mio. I am also looking for one and am trying to decide which one to get. The prices vary greatly, from $6.00 on ebay to $300.00. I'm definitely not willing to pay the 300 but I'm also looking for one that is somewhat accurate as well.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Ft7 with a chest strap, but dont know if I would want to wear it all day
  • fitlife4ever
    fitlife4ever Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! i googled few products.. Polar Ft7 and Reebok Strapless series... Is the heart beat monitor and calorie monitor are the same ?
    I see the heart monitors are inexpensive compared to calorie monitors.. is there anyway one can calculate the calories based on our average heart beat counts..

Pls excuse me if i am being so stupid !!!
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    Options
    Not being stupid at all. It's a good question, I actually didn't know until a second ago. But calories burned cannot be determined by heart rate. Calories burned is determined by the the amount of movement required to complete an action. Supposedly the calorie tracking / heart rate monitors you can buy are only accurate in certain situations like light cardio. It doesn't work for stregth training, or intense cardio. You will get a value, but it might not be very accurate. There are a lot of websites, including this one, where you can plop in a time and type of activity and get an estimate, and unfortuantely without having labratory testing equipment, an estimate is the best we can expect.
  • fitlife4ever
    fitlife4ever Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Info... I saw one another product FITBIT to monitor calories, which is less expensive compared to bodybugg. Also it doesn't have a subcription fee attached with it...

it cost around 100 bugs.