Infused water

Options
techteachergirl
techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
I have been making infused waters at home and I am LOVING it! I have found myself drinking a lot more water! Anyone else do this? What flavors have you found you enjoy making?

I have been doing lemon & ginger, green apple, and mandarin orange.

Replies

• Bexdragon
    Options
    Okay... so what is infused water and how do you make it?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, lime and mint. :-)
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Ooh that sounds amazing. I keep forgetting this exists
  • techteachergirl
    Options
    Okay... so what is infused water and how do you make it?

You can buy special pitchers for it, but I take a large pitcher, add fruit/herb of my choice (cut), add some ice, put lid on and shake (to break up instead of "muddling"), add water and let sit in fridge over night. I am sure there is a "nicer" way to do it, but that is quick and easy for me!
  • Grizzly159
    Grizzly159 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm curious....What exactly is this and like Bexdragon said, "How do I make it?":smile:
  • Grizzly159
    Grizzly159 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :tongue: ingnore my last post...just didn't scroll down far enough. If I had brains I would be dangerous.
  • Ourbeagles
    Options
    I have never done it myself yet but I have heard of it. Apparently it's a really great way to get flavor into your water so you don't feel frustrated with how much you have to drink in a day. I will have to try your idea with how you make it. I'll let you know what other flavors I come up with that I like. Thanks for sharing!
  • kayprincess08
    Options
    Bump!
  • techteachergirl
    Options
    Still looking for ideas... Got any?
  • techteachergirl
    Options
    I really want to try watermelon mint! Anyone tried it? Any other flavors that are good?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I want to try this more. I learned it from a nurse at my old job and thought it was the greatest idea. Her water always looked so pretty.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Apple and cinnamon

Cucumber and rosemary

Lime and ginger
  • kristenonly
    kristenonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good! I want to try this asap! I have a hard time drinking enough water.
  • PinkyMouse
    PinkyMouse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like for 1L of water: 1 lemon juice, a table spoon of fresh grounded ginger and a pinch of hot chili pepper.
    it is in the detox "lemon juice". Supposedly ginger and chili pepper increase the metabolism (increase of body heat which burns calories). Work it or not ? Anyway it cannot hurt !
    I like it and I feel fresh and my digestion is better !
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I do mint,lemon.cucumber and then cayenne pepper right at the last min
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My sister and I (well, mostly my sister) made a very nice infused water with cinnamon, dried orange peel, and either cardamom pods or cloves.
  • Swanlake999
    Options
    Infusedwater.com has some great recipes. I have the ingredients for lemon & strawberry and am going to make some tonight. I may add some basil leaves and see how that works.
  • techteachergirl
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas and I will be looking at the website later! I am currently growing mint and basil so I can't wait to have that to use!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I like to add red wine, then instead of adding water I just add more red wine. Delicious!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Right now I have an infused tea going. Teavana Strawberry Puerh tea (brewed for 1 cup of hot tea) + strawberries + lime slices in a half-gallon of water.