Slow Cooker Recipes

Options
Dolph16
Dolph16 Posts: 1 Member
With a 6 month old sometimes I find it difficult to get a decent meal cooked for dinner. Anybody have easy recipes to just throw in the slow cooker in the morning that will be 8 or more hours?

Replies

• nmensen18
    nmensen18 Posts: 39
    Options
    I LOVE crockpot recipes. My favorite is to put in a rump roast in the morning before work along with a bag of baby carrots, cut up red potatoes, a seasoning packet, can of light beer (to tenderize the meat), a little water, and a can of stewed tomatoes on top.

Otherwise, I recently tried this Pinterest recipe and although it looked a little weird, it tasted awesome! http://team-t-adventures.blogspot.com/2010/01/easy-crockpot-chicken-stuffing.html
  • runnergirl787
    runnergirl787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do a ton of crock pot meals. They're so easy. Just yesterday I threw together the following items:

boneless skinless chicken breasts
    a jar of your favorite salsa
    4 oz can of green chile
    drained and rinsed black beans (canned)
    drained and rinsed pinto beans (canned)

Slow cook for 8 hours, When done, shred the chicken and mix with rest of ingredients. Great on it's own, or even better inside warmed tortillas.

I also freqently put chicken breasts, baby potatoes, baby carrots, celery and onion in a slow cooker with a little chicken broth or water and add seasoning (McCormick has good packet seasonings). Super healthy and easy meal.

One of my favorite recipes is turkey chili:

1.25 lbs extra lean ground turkey
    1 can each of kidney, black and pinto beans, drained and rinsed
    2 cans petite diced tomatoes
    2 green peppers and 3 onions, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    3 tbsp chili powder (more if desired)
    1-2 tbsp taco or chili seasoning (if desired - depending on how much chili powder you use)
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp dried oregano

I actually ground the turkey breast first, but you don't need to. Just throw everything in a crock pot and cook for 8-10 hours. The flavors are wonderful and this is a hearty meal for about 400 calories a serving.

It's hard to go wrong with slow cookers! Good luck!
  • runnergirl787
    runnergirl787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Correction to above...I "brown" the turkey breast first, not ground. :-)
  • Hawkgirl62
    Hawkgirl62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you thaw the chicken breasts and quarter them when you put them in the crockpot, they should be done in about 2.5 hours. I pop this into the crockpot ALL the time and use 1/3 fat cream cheese. My husband loves this recipe, and its very easy to make. Delish!

http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-cream-cheese-chicken-chili.html
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yes.

4 - 5 chicken breasts (raw is fine, avoid frozen)
    1 can black beans
    1 15 ounce can salsa
    1 can kernel corn
    any other veggies you like

Put the chicken breasts into the crock pot. Cover with remaining ingredients. Cook on high for four hours or low for eight hours, until chicken is cooked through. Put two forks into chicken breasts and shred apart.

Add 1, 8 oz package of fat free cream cheese to top of mixture. Let sit for 30 minutes, stir, and eat!

Serving: 1 1/4 cup
    calories: 280ish
    protein: 30ish
    fat: 5
    Can't remember the other details but it's awesome!