weight loss envy

Options
Does anyone feel that since they've lost weight people have criticized and envied your success. Friends/family say they are happy for you but it seems like they liked you best at being fat cause you could be fat with them. Now your presence just annoys them cause you are losing weight successfully but they are not. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone.

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It can be tough on relationships when one loses and the other doesn't.
  • SRT4twg
    SRT4twg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!! This is still happening to me. It makes me want to find new friends to be active with that will not judge.(Should do that anyways :) But I will say that my family's and fiends reactions have gotten better in the last couple weeks/month. They seem to be more supportive the longer I'm at it but everyone is still trying to get me to eat badly. Just hang in there it will get better :D
  • dfurton83
    dfurton83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I have lost a total of 60 lbs over the last 6 or so years. I have kept the weight off and have been just trying to tone up my flabby areas.

At holidays and family events someone always has something to say about my weight loss good or bad. This Thanksgiving it was my Aunt asking whether I lost the weight the right way? My cousin, her daughter had to then point out she was basically asking if I was on drugs or anorexic. Come to find out later she was just projecting, my cousin lost a bunch of weight abusing prescription pills.

A couple of days ago my morbidly obese younger sister asked what I was doing that day, I said going to the gym. Her reply was you are already skinny, why go to the gym?

I have decided to take anything anyone says as a compliment.

It bothers me that family and friends just can't be happy that I have chosen a healthier happier lifestyle.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No but then I have always been the 'fat friend' and I still am, all of my friend group are slimmer than me still.
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I worry about this....Right now it's all "I'm so proud of you, keep it up" but I know the comments will come, where I'll hear "if you lose anymore, you will blow away" or "aren't you skinny enough?". People are never satisfied.
  • maripal5
    maripal5 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Everyone's reply helped me feel not so alone. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!