Protein powder

Options
Where would you get this? Do I need to look for good quality?
Im sooo lost when it comes to this
thanks

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    GNC! or online..........the difference is flavor for the most part. BUT use it as a suplemment when you arent able to get all your protein in the natural ways. I mean MEAT, Beans, nuts, eggs etc..............thats just how I roll.
  • akshayam29
    Options
    Quality matters.....for a beginner i would always suggest vegan( brown rice) protein powder ...easily absorbed and digested than whey...i would suggest go for SUNWARRIOR PROTEIN.....vanilla flavour tastes good....
  • runnergirl787
    runnergirl787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've tried many different protein powders. Hands down, my favorite is Syntha 6 by BSN. You can buy it at GNC, Cost Plus, online, etc. I've tried several flavors - my favorites are strawberry and vanilla. Chocolate and banana are good too. You can either blend it with some ice and water or milk for a frothier mix, or just use a shaker bottle and water when not at home or in a hurry. Delicious, filling, and between 190 and 200 calories per shake.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Where would you get this? Do I need to look for good quality?
    Im sooo lost when it comes to this
    thanks

If you live near a hy vee their NNW protein powder is the best tasting and mixing I have tried.
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am glad you guys are posting about this, I would like to start incorporating protein shakes, i am still trying to lose weight and build muscle... are there specific things I should be on the lookout for?
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Myofusion
    Trutein
    Optimum Nutrition

Depends on your budget I suppose. Better taste= higher price for the most part. I like Optimum Nutrition and I get it from bodybuilding.com. I always check the calories to protein ratio. Some brands have extra carbs and fats for the taste
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I buy Isopure in the big tub containers from Amazon. The cheapest I've found and definitely cheaper than GNC.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I get mine from gnc, I use soy isolate. It really depends on what you want the protein powder for on what type to get...there are many kinds
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    GNC is pretty overpriced.

Get pure whey protein isolate if you're looking for the highest concentration of protein. It should have very little (or no) carbs/fat, and just be protein, if you're just looking to supplement your macros.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    A chicken breast!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey (I really like the double chocolate)

Vitaminshoppe.com has great prices
  • TerryPower
    TerryPower Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have good experiences with Osolean...

Osolean - whey protein isolate targets fat loss & muscle gain; calcium strengthens bones; gives a full feeling... https://mannatech2.s3.amazonaws.com/mtlibrary/74677604143197.pdf

My website: http://mymannapages.com/terrypower
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    GNC is pretty overpriced.

Thank you!. Vitamin World is pretty much the same.

I'm currently using EAS. I'm sure there are better brands but this one works well enough and the price isn't bad. If you can get it in the 5 lb. bag at a Costco or Sams club the price is pretty fair.
  • cmecklenborg
    cmecklenborg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GNC is ridiculously overpriced. 2-3x the price at Amazon.

I get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey from Amazon.com. Tasty and mixes up easy in a blender bottle.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    A chicken breast!
    haha love this!! this is what I've been doing, but thought I'd add some protein for after weight training ...
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I was hoping I could just walk into Walmart or somewhere simple and pick this up ... boooo
    Im in Canada so options are limited ... we do have GNC though