Starting Today

Options
I'm 49 y/o and tired of being overweight again. My mission is to lose the weight "again" but this time I will keep it off. After doing some serious sole searching, I realized that my weight was connected to my emotions. I was eating in order to stay away from how I was feeling emotionally. So this time I will face my emotions head-on and use them as my strength to reach and maintain my weight goals. I beleive I can do this now opposed to not doin it all the other times because I realized what I want is to be happy with who I am regardless of what others may think. So, without getting into specifics, in order for me to face my demons and to be happy starts with myself reaching my weight goals and doing what truly makes me happy.

Replies

• Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!

I knew I could not lose weight until I was happy with ME as well. Though most of my weight gain didn't have to do with emotions, some of it did. I put my self on the back burner to take care of my family and disregarded my need to take care of myself.

You will love it here, everyone is wonderful, helpful, wise, and full of encouragement and support!
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    Good luck! Once you realize you deserve to be happy, the rest will follow:flowerforyou: