Eliptical?

Options
What should your heart rate be at for best weight loss results

Also I know it can work yours legs, butt and I have read it can help your abs
So the last 2 days I have felt I guess you could say afterwork out pains right below my breasts and the only work out I have done is the eliptical so would that be why i am feeling that?

Replies

• bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Just trying to make sure I did not hurt anything
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Honestly, just get your heart rate up and keep it up for weight loss. You can do 226-age for your maximum HR, then you can be around 65-85% of that.

Listen to your body, if you are just starting, take it easy.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks I need to get my rate up a bit I am usually at around 115ish after 30 minutes on eliptical so I will add some resistance to get my rate up a bit

Now anyone know about abs and eliptical?
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love the Elliptical! I can't run cause I have a bummed knee, but I feel like it is the next best thing. As far as abs, I feel like it does help (because they feel cold afterwards, how much truth there is to that I have no idea haha) but keep in mind you can't target where weight loss will happen at. Once you do it for awhile.....google HIIT, I think it is designed for the treadmill, but I do it on the elliptical and I LOVE it. I burn twice as many calories in a shorter amount of time.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love elllptical more than the treadmill! You should try it and see what works best for you
  • SarahL522
    SarahL522 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Eliptical!!! I have arthritis in my knees so this is the best thing for me.i dont know anything about it targeting abs but i have lost weight all around. :) good luck and take it slow.