need workout ideas

Options
I have the 30 day shred, but quit it after vacation. Actually was finding it too hard and couldn't finish a L1 workout without breaks or modifying (after 8 days). I am approx 220 lbs, so I don't know if that is a factor or not, or if it is just that I have had a fairly sedentary lifestyle til now.

Most of my exercise comes from walking...I try to do 60 minutes a day. On the treadmill I walk 2.9 mph (haven't found the nerve to hit it up to 3.0 yet), outside I am not sure how fast I go...dog pulls me along, but actually I find I walk faster when I don't have him cause I am not resisting the pull all the time.

The problem. While I am getting my exercise in, and losing weight, these 60 minute walks are only strengthening and toning my legs...I need something that will give me more, but not at intense as 30 day Shred. Any ideas???

Replies

• misstrish03
    Options
    dancing with the stars cardio dance video works a lot of areas i find, its a hard workout but its fun. you sweat a bit. but you can do it at home when you want, and they do make sure you work your core etc.
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    I know you stated about the Shred being a little intense. Try just the strength portions of the video. Instead of doing the full cardio plus abs, just do the strength and fast forward the rest. Try doing push ups at home. If a full push up is too much try crossing your legs and being on your knees, like they do on the Shred. Also, just try finding some heavy things around the house and doing a couple of curls with that. This will stregthen your upper body. Little things help!