40 Something doing Hip Hop Abs

Options
I'm looking for friends doing the 60 day Hip Hop Abs program. I'm a month in and would love some support...

Replies

• tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the request!! I love the program. It's fun, easy to do, and I'm proof that it works!! My ab and core strength has greatly improved!!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Looks like fun to me, though I've not ordered it as someone said it hurt their back, keep us posted ! Have fun:smile:
  • reneegowin
    Options
    Mine too and quickly, I was worried I would struggle because they say after 40 its harder to lose weight. I don't know if its the program or I'm just lucky but I think its the program. I lost 2 1/2 inches in my waiste just after 1 week. My hips are another issue. Ha ha
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Renee is there a diet guide to follow, how many cals/day do they suggest ? Great job on losing!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and I have not heard of this, so I'm going to google and look in to it, sounds like it might be something I would like to do :) thanks
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine yesterday. The moves on the infomercial looked great, but I am hoping it's not too "dancy;"
    I'm actually below my goal weight, just working to maintain, so I'm also hoping for a nice core/cardio combo, so I can burn calories to eat back and tone up all at the same time.
  • nas031
    nas031 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i have rockin body hoping it works !!
  • reneegowin
    Options
    Debbie

They suggest 1200 to 1300 calories today but never under 1200. You burn a lot of cals... I have been trying to stay right at 1200 regardless of the fact that I earned more calories doing the workout... I think I am beginning to plateau though.... Uggh. Hate that. However I am starting on the 2nd version of the workout.. Cardio 2 Total Body Burn 2 and Ab sculpt 2 so I'm hoping I'll break through...
  • reneegowin
    Options
    donna,

It's definately an easy way to get started and if you want your abs to tone up a little and your core to be stronger this is definately they way to start.... I really enjoy it... If you have a delicate back be careful - but he has a modifier to follow...
  • reneegowin
    Options
    Kluvit

I don't think its to dancy - but it is more fun than your average workout... It will definately help your core. In fact take a picture of your abs before and after you will be impressed I think...

I LOVE IT I'm addicted.

Congrats on your goal weight... I wonder if I'll ever get there... haha
  • tracieangeletti
    Options
    Debbie

They suggest 1200 to 1300 calories today but never under 1200. You burn a lot of cals... I have been trying to stay right at 1200 regardless of the fact that I earned more calories doing the workout... I think I am beginning to plateau though.... Uggh. Hate that. However I am starting on the 2nd version of the workout.. Cardio 2 Total Body Burn 2 and Ab sculpt 2 so I'm hoping I'll break through...

You are most likely not eating enough. Most people who are active at all require more calories to function and if you're not getting them your body will hold on to the weight to keep itself going. It doesn't care about weight loss it cares about survival. I wish I knew how to put links on here but there is a group you can check out on here that explains what I'm talking about and has steps to show you how to figure out how many calories you really should be eating. The group is Eat More to Weigh Less. Read what they have to say. Eating more can be scary at first but I have heard of more people losing the weight and keeping it off using this method than any other one out there. It teaches you how to eat for life and NOT just on your "diet"!! Let me know what you think!! :smile:
  • reneegowin
    Options
    This seems true. At first I was fine - did great no hunger issues etc. But after I lost about 10 pounds I'm constantly famished. And I don't have much energy especially when working out - whereas I had more energy when I was heavier and less in shape. I will search for that group thank you
  • tracieangeletti
    Options
    Eating at such a steep deficit only works at first because your metabolism is still working a little faster, but if you eat too little for too long it slows down to match what your putting in, and then you add exercise on to that and it slows down even more thinking it's going to run out of fuel, which it actually is, but it will hold on to the fat for fear that you're starving. I'm new to it too, so I've been upping my calories very slowly because eating that much more scares the cr*p out of me, but it makes all the sense in the world. I'll eventually get to where I need to be. Baby steps. Lots of baby steps!! lol
  • kluvit
    Options
    This seems true. At first I was fine - did great no hunger issues etc. But after I lost about 10 pounds I'm constantly famished. And I don't have much energy especially when working out - whereas I had more energy when I was heavier and less in shape. I will search for that group thank you

I always ate back most of my exercise calories (to keep from starving at 1200 per day). About half way to my goal, my weight loss seemed to stall, so I actually increased my calories to 1350 and amazingly started losing at about 1 lb per week again...then kept on losing right past my goal by about 8 pounds. After a few honest friends told me to STOP losing weight that I actually looked better a few weeks before, I decided to gain a couple back and am now nicely settled at 6 pounds below my original goal. All done without starving.
  • kluvit
    Options
    Kluvit

I don't think its to dancy - but it is more fun than your average workout... It will definately help your core. In fact take a picture of your abs before and after you will be impressed I think...

I LOVE IT I'm addicted.

Congrats on your goal weight... I wonder if I'll ever get there... haha

Thanks a bunch! I will certainly take a before measurement and pic, so I can track progress.
    I can't wait for it to arrive, so I can get started.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    I ordered Hip Hop Abs last Tuesday and I was supposed to receive the package today, but it didn't come in the mail :-( I am hoping I will get it tomorrow and I will start right away. I am planning to complete the 60 day program and take before and after pictures to check progress, improvement, etc.
  • DiamondPrincess704
    Options
    I just order the hip hop abs set last week and so far the 2 days that I've used it I can feel a difference and I'm 40 myself