Need advice re: finding a dietician

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I am seriously considering speaking to a Registered Dietician in my area regarding my stomach issues, along with my fitness and weight loss goals. Does anyone here see one? Any advice on looking for one? Credentials to look for? Questions to ask before deciding to go or not?

Replies

• andi93
    andi93 Posts: 13
    Options
    I was seeing a nutritionist last summer, and she was EXTREMELY helpful. For me, she had me eat normally for a week and document it all and then she was able to understand my problems as well as what I already do well. If you see a dietician, they have these programs where they can enter all your informatinon- weight, height, body fat percentage, any issues (medical conditions, allergies, etc) and then it creates a diet plan working with those specifics, so its very tailored to you. If you have trouble knowing how to get everything you need in a day, it helps. Trouble eating too much or too little (my mom had a diet plan for her because she needs to gain weight), it helps. Overall, the feedback is extremely positive. They have studied how the body works in all conditions, and they have a knowledge as well as special computer software that really can help you by being tailored to you. As far as requirements go, just make sure they have some type of certificate for it- my nutritionist had it on the wall with her chiropractic certificate she also has. Also, you can call and ask how exactly the whole thing works, what they do for you, what kind of programs they have, can they specifially accomodate to certain conditions, etc. Don't be afraid to ask since its not free- you don't want money to be wasted! Good luck with everything :)! ~
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice :flowerforyou: