Training twice a day

Options
I was wondering if it was okay for me to do an hour in the gym (cardio and strength) in the morning
and then do about an hour of body pump at night?

I understand that we need rest, but I can't imagine that doing physical exercise twice a day would do any damage?
For some reason I really enjoy the feeling of working out, and the feeling I get for the next few hours after.

I'm not doing it for weight loss, as I weight 60 kg (132lbs) and I am 5ft 9 tall.
And I eat pretty substantially and healthy.

Replies

• Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You should know your body better than anyone else. Listen to it. It will let you know when you need rest.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You should be ok. I use to do double workouts like that spin at 5am then zumba, or body pump at night. I say go for it and if you feel tired then take a rest day. Good luck!

Body pump is awesome.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as a problem (or as a necessity, but that's not my call). Just make sure you eat enough (eat back calories burned..most to all).
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I work out 2x/day a couple of days a week. The only problem is over training muscles while lifting--need 48 hours between sessions of the same muscle groups.
  • matisse216
    Options
    I work out 2x/day a couple of days a week. The only problem is over training muscles while lifting--need 48 hours between sessions of the same muscle groups.

Really? What happens if you don't leave 48 hours?
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    you need time for you muscles to rebuild, lift heavier and leave rest days for those groups.
    quality over quantity
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    you need time for you muscles to rebuild, lift heavier and leave rest days for those groups.
    quality over quantity

This.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euv5Vvz_5dc

^^this guy does 4-5 workouts a day
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options

^^^Yes!!! You can do as much cardio as you want but my trainer says the same as the person here. Strength training should only be done every other day for the same muscle group.
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    quality over quantity
    I love your profile pic! I have to remind myself of that all the time, lol.
  • meadow_sage
    Options
    You should be ok. I use to do double workouts like that spin at 5am then zumba, or body pump at night. I say go for it and if you feel tired then take a rest day. Good luck!

Body pump is awesome.
    Yes, but spin and zumba are cardio. You can do that all day, everyday. Strength training is another story.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Should be fine. People do 2-a-days all the time.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If you can do body pump everyday, you should be using heavier weights.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Really? What happens if you don't leave 48 hours?
    Your legs fall off.