Lots of walking at amusment park??

sakitchens
sakitchens Posts: 37 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok I took my kids to dutch Wonderland today. We were there for 6 hours and 20 min. I only sat down for a total of 1 hr. How much walking should I put in? I was pushing my son in the stroller half the time and some of it was up hill. I want to put in the correct amount of excersie but I am not sure how much to put in. Right now I put in for 3 hrs and it says I burned 712 calories. Is that right?

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    I don't know what would be correct....this is why I love my heart rate monitor so many times it has come in handy. I really really think its worth the investment. I never have to guess, I get the calories from my work out video, moving, anything its all right there, and more accurate than a machine, or some estimate cause its based off my heart rate. That totally didn't answer your question, sorry.
  • You can go to http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/calburncalc.htm and input your weight and the amount of time you walked for and it calculates the number of calories you burned depending on what you did in your case walking.

If you have an iphone, I would highly recommend downloading an app called Footsteps. You turn it on, place it in your back pocket and it calculates calories burned, duration, distance, speed, and average speed. I don't dare go walking without this.
This discussion has been closed.