Gone for the weekend! help!

Options
Alright, so I'm going to be going to Midwest Horse Fair this weekend! soo excited. but i have a problem. I've been doing very well with exercising 4 to 5 days a week that I feel a little guilty if I won't workout for the next 4 days. does anyone have any solutions? I might be able to squeeze a run in the morning tomorrow, but otherwise i'm going to be so busy the other 3 days!
HELP! i don't want to delay my progress!

Replies

• bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    What are you going to be doing? If walking, walk faster! If you're in a hotel or a home with enough room in it, do some body weight exercises when you get up in the morning. Other than that, if you are trying to lose weight or maintain, don't splurge on your calories.

Otherwise, just have fun! Let loose for a weekend :tongue:
  • samanthajo1994
    Options
    What are you going to be doing? If walking, walk faster! If you're in a hotel or a home with enough room in it, do some body weight exercises when you get up in the morning. Other than that, if you are trying to lose weight or maintain, don't splurge on your calories.

Otherwise, just have fun! Let loose for a weekend :tongue:

you're right you're right, i shouldn't be so uptight. I'm going to be walking around and shopping and helping the girls with their horses! i'll be in a hotel. so i'm hoping they'll have a fitness center but who knows! if I'll walk faster! thanks for your help!
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Will you be walking or working at it? I would think that you're going to be VERY active....and wouldn't worry too much about the missed days. If you can get 1 run in the whole time, don't sweat it.

My daughter is really looking forward to the horse fair as well - she's a new pony clubber and has never been to the horse fair before!
  • Figjeti
    Figjeti Posts: 7
    Options
    If there is ever a time i cant hit the gym, I like to use this app called "skimble" workout trainer, it has like all these little workouts on it that are body-weight exercises, and you can pick the body part and it gives you a guestimation of calories burned and whatnot. Its a pretty good supplement and has different levels and what not.... anyways you might find that you like it as much as i do!
  • joshuadavisped
    Options
    Usually with times like that I will do calisthenics in a room. Pushups, crunches, sprint in place, squat jumps, etc. If you really don't have a whole lot of time. Just do squats, pushups, crunches then shower then bed lol

example workout before bed

10 squats
    10 pushups
    10 crunches

^^ do this three times but make sure you do them slowly so you count to 5 when you go down then count to 5 on your way up. that should be enough to maintain strength in the main parts of your body and it can be done in a short amount of time
  • samanthajo1994
    Options
    Will you be walking or working at it? I would think that you're going to be VERY active....and wouldn't worry too much about the missed days. If you can get 1 run in the whole time, don't sweat it.

My daughter is really looking forward to the horse fair as well - she's a new pony clubber and has never been to the horse fair before!

It was my first time at horsefair as well! i had a great time! and didn't gain any weight over the weekend! woo!