Question for P90Xers

Options
I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It takes about 30-35 minutes to do each DVD. After I am done, I want to move on to a program where I can lift heavier (it's hard to lift heavy and keep up with the pace in the workouts). So I was thinking about starting P90X in the coming weeks. My question is this.......

Has anyone split their workout into two sessions on a consistent basis (for example doing the Chest & Back routine - half in the morning and the other half at night) and successfully completed the program?

It is hard for me to find an hour at one time to exercise, but I do exercise for at least an hour on most days of the week (I walk floors and stairs during my work breaks).

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. It takes about 30-35 minutes to do each DVD. After I am done, I want to move on to a program where I can lift heavier (it's hard to lift heavy and keep up with the pace in the workouts). So I was thinking about starting P90X in the coming weeks. My question is this.......

Has anyone split their workout into two sessions on a consistent basis (for example doing the Chest & Back routine - half in the morning and the other half at night) and successfully completed the program?

It is hard for me to find an hour at one time to exercise, but I do exercise for at least an hour on most days of the week (I walk floors and stairs during my work breaks).

You can't really do that because of the way the body responds to that kind of stimulus. The muscles at that point are already damaged and are now in a state of recovery. Re-damaging them at this point will have absolutely no benefit whatsoever. If you want to do a high intensity strength training regimen but can't spare more than, say, 45 minutes, you'll have to look elsewhere than Tony Horton workouts. He likes 'em loooooooong.
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrr........

Thanks for the info! Guess I will just have to get up even earlier! What's 3 months, right?
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Tony likes to yap. Once you've done the videos a few times and know the moves you can do it yourself going off the worksheets and skip the videos. I usually did the workouts in 30-45 minutes instead of 45-60.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrr........

Thanks for the info! Guess I will just have to get up even earlier! What's 3 months, right?

The program is designed just like he said. The only suggestion I have to cut down on time is to ramp up the intensity and knock out exercise after exercise. you can cut down 10-15 min per workout if you push through every exercise one after another with about 5-10 seconds worth of rest. You will probably want to throw up during every work out, but after 90 days of that youll look at Jillian Michaels and call her a wimp.

Ive done this before, but only because Ive done all the workouts about 100 times each and dont really need to follow along. I listen to my own music and have the TV on so it feels like I have workout partners that help me keep pace so I dont rest too much in between. If you attempted it without having done them before it could be a bit frustrating.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Chalean Extreme. These workouts are shorter.