Need new activity

I am 34 year old femail that needs to step up my activity and exercise. I usually do 1hr water aerobics class twice a week. I have had 4 surgeries on my foot and ankle and was supposed to have had another so i don't do a lot of jumping around type things. I can walk just fine but it gets quite painful to run, jump, or walk for long periods of time (my toes just go numb). I wear a large orthodic with a bar running thru it to act like a bone that I do not have in my foot and it allows me to last longer on my feet. All that being said, I am trying to find something good and challenging that I can work around my issues with. I was thinking of starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Just wanting to find something i can physically do or at least modify for myself, to get some good cardio in.

Replies

• bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    30 shred sound good. You will hav eto modify the jumping jacks and jumping rope though. Can you do squats and lunges with your foot/ankle? If I remember correctly, she uses those exercises too.
  • I did a Bollywood dance workout that I found on youtube, this morning! It was so much fun! You should try it sometime!
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    Not nearly as "fun" -- but low impact -- I really enjoy Leslie Sansone walking videos. Check them out at www. collagevideo.com. It may not be enough exercise for you, but definitely enough for your ankle :-).