Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Healthy side dishes

violagurl117
violagurl117 Posts: 10 Member
Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any recipes for side dishes(carbs) hat are healthy for suppers? In the past I have usually made rice a roni or the knorr pasta or rice sides, but I am trying to find a healthier alternative. I love rice and potatoes, but not plain. Any delicious recipes that won't kill my efforts?

Replies

• tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    i still make those things, i just eat them in moderation and pile more veggies instead of more rice, potatoes, etc. but for whats it worth, these are also some things i do:
    roasted sweet potatoes...omg so delicious
    roasted cauliflower
    roasted eggplant
    I know you said carbs, but these things remind me of several of my carby favorites
    also beans/baked beans/black bean corn medley
    cous cous
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    I love green beans with a little parmesean cheese on them....so yummy! Sweet potato is really good. THey even make sweet potato fries with chipotle that are super yummy. You should look into quinoa similar to rice but way healthier and full of protein.
  • foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    I love to cook up some cut broccoli, onions and zuchinni in a skillet with a little balsalmic and light soy sauce (a little goes a long way with both of them). Or I like to use a little soy and sesame seeds to marinade the same veggies and grill them.