73 lbs down - only 14 more to go!!

Options
I started this journey on September 11th, 2012, weighing in at 232 lbs. I was not happy with myself - the way I looked, or felt. I hated going shopping, I hated trying on clothes...I just didn't like myself at all.

So, I decided to do something about it. I started eating less and working out. I worked out 3-5 days a week, eating anywhere from 1300-1400 calories a day - counting the calories I ate and burned.

I currently have stopped counting my calories and worry more about eating the right things, not about the counting of the calories that are being consumed. (I've actually been losing more again since stopping the counting calories).

I weigh 159 lbs right now, and am hoping to get to 145, but I'd be happy with 150, too. I'm 5'5", so my healthy weight is 150. :)

Here are the befores and afters.

Before
232 lbs

b4t8pi.jpg

Current ---- 159 lbs

141nt5z.jpg

My advice for you all is to keep going! It's not always easy, but the end is going to be such a sweet reward. You will know that you accomplished something great. We ALL deserve the right to be healthy. So get out there and do something about it.

Go...Be Healthy

Replies

• ashmorgstraws
    Options
    :)
  • Sherrylynn69
    Sherrylynn69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Did you exercise alot? and watch calories?
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Way to go. Did you exercise alot? and watch calories?

Thanks! :) I started out exercising 3-4 times a week, doing about 20-30 minutes of exercise. I currently work out usually 5-6 times a week, doing 45 minutes to an hour because now my body can handle a lot more than it could before. :) I love it, actually. It's become a habit and I hope that I never ever break it.
  • erinroro
    erinroro Posts: 20
    Options
    You look absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Weigh (ha!) to go!!! What a success story you are - you make me feel like I can do it too!! Thank you!:flowerforyou: :smile: :happy:
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    You look absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Weigh (ha!) to go!!! What a success story you are - you make me feel like I can do it too!! Thank you!:flowerforyou: :smile: :happy:

Awww, no! Thank you! :) Your kind words made my day!! :)
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great post! I am also 232 looking to get down to 145, keep posting when you hit your goal so I can see how I will turn out!!

You look GREAT!! :-)
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and so much happier!!
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    GIRL!! You are so amazing. You inspire me daily. WAY TO ROCK IT!!!
  • SaraVance27
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :D
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    You look great, way to go on your achievement.
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • ArataCPA
    ArataCPA Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, way to go, you are such an inspiration for those of us just starting out!

Did "My Fitness Pal" help you the whole way? Also, did you encounter problems with loose, saggy skin?
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..you look great!! :)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Keep going... Your goal is waiting for you! Congratulations!!
  • elemkc
    elemkc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! It's amazing how thin your face and neck area look. Keep it up, you're almost there. Just in time for summer too!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing...Definitely keep doing what you doing...It is working!
  • califeisagift
    califeisagift Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look completely amazing and healthy! CONGRATULATIONS! So very well done!
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Thanks ya'll!
  • staceymoyer1
    staceymoyer1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look amazing! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!