Fitbit and HRM - so confused

Options
So a few months ago i bought an HRM and i loved using it and logging my exercises. Recently I got a Fitbit and now i'm confused what to do... Some people are saying that you should just let MFP do the work but other people say that it's not accurate... I do a lot of walking and i never used to log that- but now fitbit is giving me more calories on MFP... i'm not sure how i feel about that. Also, i still wanna use my HRM so should i take the Fitbit off or leave it on with the HRM?

Also i don't understand what a negative adjustment means...
Thanks!

Replies

• shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    never mind my question was answered :) i'm just going to wear them at the same time and log it to MFP
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    If you wear them at the same time, you are going to double credit your workout
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I wear my fitbit ALL the time, unless I'm in the pool. I wear my HRM during workouts only. I wouldn't bother with the HRM while just walking, let fitbit figure that out. I walk about 7 miles a day just during regular daily activity. I never counted it, but it really adds up. Since I've started eating more (thanks to fitbit adding those calories), I've seen more progress.

A note about wearing them at the same time: Make sure you accurately enter the times of any workouts you enter (I log mine on my fitbit account ONLY). I manually enter the number of calories burned based on my HRM, but since I entered the time, they don't get counted twice.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

No you won't - once you log the workout and the times the next time it syncs it will delete any calories FitBit gave for that same period.
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am glad I saw this. I am a little confused about my FitBit. For example, I ride my exercise bike every morning for 35 minutes. MFP logs that at @ 230 calories burnt. Then my FItBit logs additional "fitbit adjustment" calories. Sometimes it's even higher than the 230 that MFP logs for me. What I usually do is ignore the FitBit adjustment because I don't understand it!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It was confused for a while also. It is helping me just going by the Fitbit. I let Fitbit do the adjustment on MFP.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options

No you won't - once you log the workout and the times the next time it syncs it will delete any calories FitBit gave for that same period.

No the fitbit site?
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So when you use the fitbit you don't add your exercise at all? Just let FitBit make adjustments on MFP, right?
  • shosh413
    Options
    I decided to always wear the fitbit and when i do a vigourous workout i'll log using my HRM with the time on MFP while still wearing my fitbit. I hope that's ok... lol
  • shosh413
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I want to add mine on MFP does it matter which one u enter?
  • shosh413
    Options
    I wear my fitbit ALL the time, unless I'm in the pool. I wear my HRM during workouts only. I wouldn't bother with the HRM while just walking, let fitbit figure that out. I walk about 7 miles a day just during regular daily activity. I never counted it, but it really adds up. Since I've started eating more (thanks to fitbit adding those calories), I've seen more progress.

A note about wearing them at the same time: Make sure you accurately enter the times of any workouts you enter (I log mine on my fitbit account ONLY). I manually enter the number of calories burned based on my HRM, but since I entered the time, they don't get counted twice.

Thanks for the info! i want to log the workout on MFP that works too right?
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Nope she wont they will all happily mess together
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    So when you use the fitbit you don't add your exercise at all? Just let FitBit make adjustments on MFP, right?

I track food on mfp and let fitbit do its own thing
    This way there is no double up on tracking
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    you can opt out of the negative calorie adjustments on MFP if you don't like it "giving" you more to eat, but you do risk then not eating enough , most of the time i simply use about 1/2 of it