How long did it take before folks noticed your weight loss?

Options
I've had females and males notice my weight loss. Feels good! I even had one cute co-worker notice. I would be a cougar if I dated him though. Ha, ha.

Replies

• CoachTommyB
    Options
    When I hit the 20-25 lb mark, people really started noticing.
  • kristendaae1227
    Options
    I'd say about 10-15lbs
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Around the 20 lbs mark... and even then it was "I can tell in your face"
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I've lost 19lbs so far and no one aside from my Mom and my fiancé have commented. I have been kinda surprised because I can tell, but it doesn't bother me (:
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    People JUST started noticing. At 20 pounds. Oh well. :)
  • josiedahling6
    Options
    Six years ago, I lost 90 total over the course of 18 months. People didn't start to comment until around the 20-25 pound mark. I had gone down one size. That is when people commented. It took about 3 months to lose that. It came off fast at the beginning and then much slower towards the end. It is VERY motivating to have people comment!
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    I think the saying goes, after 10lb you notice, after 20lb your friends and family notice, after 30lb the whole world notices!

But everyone's different :)
  • frompster
    frompster Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 20-25 lb mark, people really started noticing.

^^^ Same.
  • anniebrox
    anniebrox Posts: 23
    Options
    On average you will notice at 4 weeks, family at 8 weeks, and friends/coworkers 12 weeks.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    for me it was about 15-20 pounds when people started asking me how much I'd lost so far.
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    One of my closest co-workers keeps telling me how much skinnier I look and my face is less round and so on and so on, but I don't know if I should believe her or not since she only started telling me these things after asking how much I've lost - and now she tells me how skinny I look every time we work the same shift. We've talked about weight loss a lot of times before and shared our experiences, so she knew I'm trying to lose weight before I actually started losing. Now I've lost 15lbs and this started at maybe 10lbs.
  • WinwillLose
    WinwillLose Posts: 101
    Options
    My gym buddies seem to notice when ever I think the scale is stuck, then in the next day or so the scale moves. But people started noticing around the 20 lb mark, now they notice when I drop another size and start wearing new clothes.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    For me it was about 20 pounds
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Around 20lbs my Mum said I was looking good and asked me what I was doing. At 28lbs my male cousins who I hadn't seen since the first 9lbs came off said I shouldn't lose any more or there would be nothing left of me lol. I still want to keep losing a bit more though and have lots of firming up to do.
  • kugalojan88
    kugalojan88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started off at 243 lbs, then lost 20 lbs and i started witnessing changes. But sadly no one did :( To be fair, i was slightly larger than most people so to lose 20 pounds from 243 I suppose no one were able to see the change.

When I lost around 50 lbs, and was around 190 people saw drastic changes. I was slightly anti social during these few months of weight loss jogging every day and keeping to myself. Now people who see me have their mouths open and they can't stop talking about how much weight I have lost.

Feels great that people acknowledge it and can see that difference. :)

Another 20 pounds to go, WOOHOO!
  • pmcfarland68
    Options
    It was around the 20 lb mark when people started noticing.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My mom started saying something at about 25 pounds gone....my BIL on Easter at 35 pounds.....and no co-workers have said anything to date. The only thing that they have mentioned is that I cut all my hair off (from small of my back to pixie cut) when I lost 40 pounds. Still didn't say anything about the new clothes I went and bought that weekend either. :ohwell:

Some friends I didn't see at all for the 40 pounds, so all of them noticed. :happy:

My husband has been my biggest supporter and has always said that he can tell....everyone can tell with him...he's lost 60ish pounds.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I noticed at 10lbs, but others' didn't until about 20lbs. And it's only gotten better as I would trade in my baggy clothes for better fitting ones and people were amazed!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree with others... at least 15-20 lbs... which is about a pant size or so, at least for me.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    For me it was at the 30-35 lbs. mark. I thought it would be sooner considering I'm only 5'1.