couple of questions for Insanity users....

Options
I've got the dvd's...... i've seen part of the nutrition plan on the internet, it seems quite fiddly for people who work long hours so wondering if I have to follow it? (i obviously dont want to do the workouts if my eating will ruin results) .... could i have a eating plan of this for example:

Breakfast:
2 egg omlette

Mid-morn snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Cous cous, chicken breast, salad

Mid-aft snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Chicken breast OR steak, rest of plate full of brocolli
Natural plain yogurt

would this work?

My second question : (i havent watched all of the fit test so i apologise if it mentions my answer in the dvd)
Do you just do the dvd's once a day? Can you do other exercise as well as? (i sometimes walk 6 miles a day 5 or 6 days a week) or shall i give this up?

Thanks

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I did not follow the nutrition plan, I used it as a guide for ideas. My meal plan looks a lot like your example. You should have a calendar and you do 1 dvd a day. There are days with 2 workouts (Fit Test/Intervals) or Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. You can still walk and do other exercises but my guess is Insanity will be enough once you get started. It is a very intense, demanding workout...Good luck!
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Search "Insanity Diet" on MFP message boards. I believe someone has posted the caloric formula suggested for Insanity users.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I dont follow the nutrition plan. As long as your calories are set up right, you will be fine. I do the dvd's every morning at 545am, and upper body weights twice a week. I walk everywhere (work, home, etc) and I don't have a problem with it. It may be hard to do a more strenuous workout, but walking should be fine. Do what your body allows.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I really would not do the Fit Test and Max Interval Circuit on the same day, I think it is a mistake that they put these two on the same day, because if you are really giving 100% to the Fit Test then even going at 50% of the Interval Circuit is going to be pretty tough no matter how fit you are, and I wouldn't have got anything out of that workout. The Cardio workouts and then Cardio Abs are completely doable on the same day though, so when it comes to the first fit test in month 2 I would do it either on the rest day or instead of one of the Core Cardio and Balance workouts.

Enjoy it! And whatever you read don't be scared of month 2. It really isn't that bad (though the first time I tried Max Plyo I did turn the air blue several times) the workouts are a lot more fun because there are more combinations etc.